manual trans fluid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

manual trans fluid

hi, everyone tells me to use honda manualtrans oil i can't find it any were what can i use i conparison to this any other any rec.

use regular 10w30 motor oil

Comment

You can find Honda MTF at any honda dealership.
      ~~~~~~~

Comment

yea man dont use anything except honda tranny fluid.........it like ky jelly lol
        92 accord dx....traded
        97 accord ex....traded
        93 civic si ....stolen
        96 tercel ....sold
        97 ek hatch b17 ..traded
        97 civic 4door b16 sold
        04 tsx traded ...for a honda coupe (top secret)

Comment

use 10W-30 and ALWAYS remove the fill plug first before removing the drain plug. Better safe than sorry!
          93 Accord EX 5 speed Brown/maroon
          98 BMW 540I
          99 Toyota Land Cruiser
          93 Lexus SC300

Comment

Originally posted by zoomspeed05
            ...it like ky jelly lol
            KY in the transmission would feel sooooooo good!!!

ya true dat to the MTF. a honda mechanic told me to just use ATF in my manual trans..

Comment

Originally posted by xaxis360
              a honda mechanic told me to just use ATF in my manual trans..
              i wonder if there are different additives in the ATF.. but i think the viscosity (weight) might be different.. not sure. never checked out ATF..

Comment

Originally posted by clarksterdotcom
                i wonder if there are different additives in the ATF.. but i think the viscosity (weight) might be different.. not sure. never checked out ATF..
                my dad used to work for a transmission shop as a teenager... and he said people used to/still do run a little ATF in the motor before they change the oil, he says it cleans out the seals and stuff like that to eliminate all the sludge? or its supposed to clean it or something not too sure on details... but 10w30 in the tranny...
                10w30 in the motor? maybe someone knows something about the viscosity of ATF vs. 10w30

Comment

Originally posted by N9netwoAccord
                  my dad used to work for a transmission shop as a teenager... and he said people used to/still do run a little ATF in the motor before they change the oil, he says it cleans out the seals and stuff like that to eliminate all the sludge? or its supposed to clean it or something not too sure on details...
                  My old man mentioned something like this to me as well. Although what they did was run the ATF through the combustion cycle. i.e. take off the air filter and get the engine running wide open and pour some ATF directly into the carb. Old school decarbonization. The idea is that the oil will get all over and eventually help burn / clean up all the deposits throughout the combustion cycle. They also used to run some Diesel fuel in with the regular gasoline. Either of these things would be a nightmare on a fuel injected car with a O2 sensor and Cat.

Comment

im using half honda mtf and half pennzoil synchromesh right now...feels good.
                    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                    X