Its just starting to get annoying...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its just starting to get annoying...

We all know that our generation accords tend to shake when youre at a stop. When I had a Japanese F22a, and transmission into my accord...I asked to have the motor mounts replaced. It was fine for a while...but the shake started to get worse very slowly. I later found out that the guy only replaced 3 of the motor mounts. The shake in my car right now is strong enough to shake the whole front end of the car. When the car is moving...no problems, but when i come to that dreaded stop....it shakes. Im thinking maybe I should rip out the motor mounts, and replace them with poly-urathane. I love everything about my car....but itd be nice if it didnt shake that much....

Oh I know how you feel bro....it sucks! Hope you get it fixed

Midwest car club

Current rides:
    91 accord lx (5spd)
    92 accord lx (5spd)
    93 accord lx (auto )

Comment

im assuming he only replaced the front, left and right because replacing the rear one takes hella time.
      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

lmfao i hear ya totally, when i first got my cb7 from my mom, it was shaking at every light, every stop sign lol i was like omg is it gonna blow up. lol polyurethane mounts will help abit but maintenance would help even more. (new plugs, wires, cap, rotor, oil, whole deal) big difference. surprisingly enough after i got my msd ignition system, the idle was insanely smooth. maybe it just me i dunno but i hope u get it fixed!
        My members ride thread

Comment

Fill them mounts up and dont look back ever just do it right many of us have done it on here.

Comment

Originally posted by accrdpower
            lmfao i hear ya totally, when i first got my cb7 from my mom, it was shaking at every light, every stop sign lol i was like omg is it gonna blow up. lol polyurethane mounts will help abit but maintenance would help even more. (new plugs, wires, cap, rotor, oil, whole deal) big difference. surprisingly enough after i got my msd ignition system, the idle was insanely smooth. maybe it just me i dunno but i hope u get it fixed!
            Really true about that tune up .. I drive a 5speed, but have friends that also have auto's
            and I've experianced what you *auto* folks are talking about ..

One thing that I did see that made a nice difference was this .. I may get ripped and flamed
            and you may say that it'll waste petrol in a time and day where it's at an all time high...
            However, by simply bringing the rpm up to just under 1000 .. it'll not only save you from common
            freak outs at stop lights, or any other *stop for a moment* insecurities for that matter.

I've both advanced my timing just a pinch, and also tinkered with .. yes .. that lil adjuster
            thats so well known for being stuck with *just enough silicone* so that you'll question
            just why its there .. only to ask, and have every mech on the planets eyes get really big
            as he says at the same time .. "You don wanna mess wif thayt thang" .. then winks at you,
            as you get back in your CB7, in a way that would suggest that if you do ... you might just
            be seeing him sometime sooner then you had planned .. .... relax ...

I adjust mine depending on what kind of driving I'm doing .. and I always have my mech
            advance the timing a tad .. besides .. I personally feel that the CB7's *like* to run richer ..
            And sitting just under 1000 rpm .. will def save other lil things .. not gas tho .. but ummmm ..
            Whats worse? More for gas now .. and believe me when I say this .. you havent seen
            *anything* yet .. Or .. more in parts and labor down the road for replacing odds and ends
            that shook, rattled, or rolled offa your CB7 over a period of time ...

I've only done a complete motor mount replacement once .. and that was because we installed
            another motor .. and everything was accessible, and very easy to do .. then again ..
            as I mentioned, I drive a 5 sped, and I dont hear or read about many 5 speeds with
            this issue as it seems more common place for the *slusher's* ..

Keep in mind .. this is considering that you've already done a nice *thorough* tune-up
            as accrdpower has mentioned above .. and it usually does the trick .. but very temporally.

If I were to run air, and or have the fan come on .. it's enough to make my R/V mirror rattle.
            And for me .. thats simply too much abuse for *my* CB7 .. and I wont stand for it!

I like it Rich ...
            Tomi
            Last edited by PakaloloHonda; 08-22-2005, 06:32 PM.

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle
              Fill them mounts up and dont look back ever just do it right many of us have done it on here.
              Is this what you're talking about?:

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ht=fill+mounts

Comment

Originally posted by jumpman83
                Is this what you're talking about?:

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ht=fill+mounts
                I believe that would be it .... Way to *search*

A Hui Hou !!!
                Tomi

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

It must just be an auto thing. I have a 92 auto and it shakes like crazy, but my 93 5-speed with 315k miles is smooth as silk.

Comment

I have an auto with the shakes as well....

We are doing the auto to 5 speed swap this weekend. I will let you know how/if the shakes are worked out. We are also using the ESP mount kit.

Check out ESP engine mount kits for your CB7!!!

Comment

more solid mounts will make the shake more noticeable, it does in mine (solid steel welded). Softer mounts would reduce the engine vibration transfer
                      ____

Comment

Originally posted by bcjammerx
                        more solid mounts will make the shake more noticeable, it does in mine (solid steel welded). Softer mounts would reduce the engine vibration transfer
                        x2 the filled mounts don't absorb the vibration like stock ones do.

Comment

Originally posted by wrichards2005
                          x2 the filled mounts don't absorb the vibration like stock ones do.
                          x3

If you don't like shaking, poly filled mounts won't be for you. Even if you use the 86A which is softer.

Personally, like it has already been mentioned.

1) Replace the bad mount if there is one

2) A tune up. A valve adjustment especially will affect the smoothness of the engine.

3) Bumping your idle up can help as well.
                          The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
                            x3

If you don't like shaking, poly filled mounts won't be for you. Even if you use the 86A which is softer.

Personally, like it has already been mentioned.

1) Replace the bad mount if there is one

2) A tune up. A valve adjustment especially will affect the smoothness of the engine.

3) Bumping your idle up can help as well.

x4, and I agree about the idle. It sounds like yours is a tad too low.
                            1992 Prelude S w/swapped H22A

Comment

yeah you do NOT want to go w/ a polyurethane mount, unless you go with the inserts you can buy. I've currently got a solid Poly'd mount that i'm soon gonna get rid of for the inserts, i just hate it esp. in traffic. It'll make the wheel shake like crazy at 1k rpms and below at stop lights and my hood rattles, headliner rattles...its not pleasant for stop and go driving, but for continuous highway driving it's perfect though.

member's ride thread
                              93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                              99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                              91 Accord SE 176k
                              97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Working...
                              X