fuel consumption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fuel consumption

post your MPG's and what you do to improve it... Everybody knows the obvious things like driving slower, not using A/C, drive a stick-shift, blah blah... but this should focus on things we can do specifically to our cars...

I get about 26 MPG mixed city/hwy. I can go about 350-380 miles on a full tank with 87 octane.

Here's a list of what i've done recently and i have noticed a big difference.

*replace spark plugs
    *replace air filter
    *replace cap and rotor
    *replace fuel filter
    *replace thermostat (was running too cold)
    *use D3 in the city
    *only use 5w30 oil
    *replace gas cap
    *replace oxygen sensor
    *keep tires at 32 psi minimum
    *replace spark plug wires
    *use michelin "energy" tires
    *clean EGR ports
    *check ignition timing

that's all i can think of

i pretty much replaced everything in the car except the engine so yea...i get mid 20's in the city

edit* i did everthing in your list except im not using michelin tires, but keep tires at 34, i dont have an alignment and i replaced the WHOLE distributor and all the internals.
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

i have not done anything on ur list and use 87 octane. i am averaging about 330-380 miles to the tank. that is a mix of mostly city driving and some highway miles.

Aftermath of crash.

Comment

Originally posted by abdulmo86
        i have not done anything on ur list and use 87 octane. i am averaging about 330-380 miles to the tank. that is a mix of mostly city driving and some highway miles.

city=22-23mpg and higway=28-29mpg. o and i drive like a maniac so lol. when i drive slow and all that good stuff i can get 3-4mpg better in the city and only 1-2mpg better on highway. so city driving~350miles, mix driving~390, highway~430-450. high of 504miles

mods=complete ignition system, ait intake, aem fuel rail, venom injectors(264cc) new pcv valve and hose. that is it. o and 93octane gas.
        My members ride thread

Comment

well wouldnt driving in d3 in the city be worse since your rpms are so high ..and mine is loud in d 3 cause of my exhaust

AzN VtEc PoWeR: i need to find something to do on my b-day
          nFiniTeSkiLz: yea
          nFiniTeSkiLz: go find some friends
          nFiniTeSkiLz: lol
          AzN VtEc PoWeR: i already went on craigslist and got some hoes
          AzN VtEc PoWeR: just like maple
          AzN VtEc PoWeR: hahahaha i keed
          nFiniTeSkiLz: um hum im sure...

Comment

btw. 26mpg is with an auto.

Comment

I just got my 93 and I got about 26 in a 60%hwy 40% city mix. I got 352 miles out of my tank.

I'm a little disappointed, since my old 87 5 speed got about 25 city and 32-34 on the highway-and that was with a carbeurator! My old 99 EX 5 speed got better mileage than my 93 also, but that is not surprising.

Funny how Edmunds.com or any website that you can research cars on give the 93 Accord 5 speed a 500+ mile cruising range on the highway. Has anyone here really reached that?
              93 Accord EX 5 speed Brown/maroon
              98 BMW 540I
              99 Toyota Land Cruiser
              93 Lexus SC300

Comment

wow you guys get 360?...i get about 320....but i drive agressive.......hmmm
                you could
                -drive slower...no racing
                -drive with your windows up on interstates to reduce drag...crack sunroof and rear windows <ex models only>]
                -use 89 octane....i find that 93 burns faster for some reason
                -drive with a bigger gear than you need and slowly get your speed...like 5th instead of 4th
                -some say a CAI will help your gas mileage <debatable>
                -of course spark plugs....
                -msd distributors and coils..
                -8.5mm wires
                -weight reduction
                -wash your car and wax to reduce drag just like gran turismo

Comment

Anyone with an H22 swap wanna coment on this one? if you do please list what type of trans you have and mods....
                  Yes I'm a GM fan....no I don't drag my knuckles...

Comment

on my last tank (90 f22a1 automatic) i got 350 with 70% city and 30% highway running on octane 91.I thought it was great because my integra only gets like 280 in the city but then again thats 280 on 10.5 gallons. what is the gas tank capacity of the accords?im thinking maybe 15 gallons???

Comment

Originally posted by 93EXaesthetic
                      wow you guys get 360?...i get about 320....but i drive agressive.......hmmm
                      you could
                      -drive slower...no racing
                      -drive with your windows up on interstates to reduce drag...crack sunroof and rear windows <ex models only>]
                      -use 89 octane....i find that 93 burns faster for some reason
                      -drive with a bigger gear than you need and slowly get your speed...like 5th instead of 4th
                      -some say a CAI will help your gas mileage <debatable>
                      -of course spark plugs....
                      -msd distributors and coils..
                      -8.5mm wires
                      -weight reduction
                      -wash your car and wax to reduce drag just like gran turismo
                      im pretty sure 93 does burn faster than 89 or 87 because it burns quicker and cleaner. I use 91 in all my cars regardless of how old they are.

Comment

Fuck. I get around 300 per tank.. Fucking 20ish mpg! I gotta clean the EGR ports and replace the spark plugs n stuff..
                        To-Do List for Today
                        Be Awesome

Comment

damn it...i think i get crappy gas milage.
                          I dont really know how many miles exactly, but with the needle
                          on "E" and lets say i put 20 bucks of 89 octane on Sunday,
                          i can go all the way up to saturday afternoon.
                          I think its about 215miles on a 3/4 tank of gas.

Its that good or crappy milage?

Comment

i dunno about now but i used to get 32 mpg mixed highway and city on 87 octane. i live in hawaii so i dunno how to classify driving situation... prolly more city. car had 120k miles at the time. just put intake and full exhaust with msd and plat. plugs... but i dun think the msd really helped. i also got 5 spd tranny.

Comment

This is a little off topic but how many gallons are your guy's tanks? When I fill up it only takes 13 and I only get about 300 out of it.
                              Two Toned CB7 crew #1

Comment

Working...
                              X