Plz Need help asap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plz Need help asap

ok guys, i just installed a AEM fuel rail and Venom injectors. I checked for leaks like 4 times. however, the rpm's are very iratic. they began at like 1000rpm then stay at about 300-400rpm and acts like it is gonna stall every min or so. i have no idea what it is. i still have the stock fpr. just higher flowing rail and injectors. can it be the fuel pressure? plz any help would be greatly appreciated
    My members ride thread

You Probably Need a FPR

You know when you go cheap it ends up costing you in the end. I would get a aftermarket (of course) fuel pressure regulator to regulate how much fuel you are pushing. More air and fuel equal power but it is to fine the exact balance is the tricky part. Most people get a digital like a S-Afc but there are other types of well.
    In Europe Honda released the Honda Accord with a H22 motor, it was called the Honda Accord Type R .

Comment

well is there anyway to change pressure on the stock fpr? and i am getting a fpr just not now....in like 2 weeks. i mean their is def good pressure bc i had two leaks that i fixed. i am gonna go back and check all vacum hoses, injectors (make sure they are seated correctly and all that. yes i did that already just triple checking. just dunno why it is iratic ideling........
      My members ride thread

Comment

I don't think putting a new regulator will make a difference. I would put the stock injectors and rail back in.

Comment

Originally posted by accrdpower
          ok guys, i just installed a AEM fuel rail and Venom injectors. I checked for leaks like 4 times. however, the rpm's are very iratic. they began at like 1000rpm then stay at about 300-400rpm and acts like it is gonna stall every min or so. i have no idea what it is. i still have the stock fpr. just higher flowing rail and injectors. can it be the fuel pressure? plz any help would be greatly appreciated
          What is the flow rating on the injectors? And do you have anything to control the injectors?

Comment

could be PCV hose/valve??????

flow rate is only 10% greater than stock. other than a injector resister thing no. i reinstalled everything earlier and noticed the PCV hose was like clamped shut, half of it was round and the other half was like well flat. could this be causing the odd idle and almost stalling thing? thanks u guys for the help....if so i am gonna replace the hose and valve. i am hoping that is it. everything elese looks good, there is pressure, no leaks, installed correctly, vaccum hose to regulator is good. i think it may just be the pcv hose and valve. what do u guys think?????
            My members ride thread

Comment

i bet part of the problem is the word Venom. can't say i have ever heard anything good about them. later.
              Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

could it be the PCV stuff? i mean i know a few running venom injectors and their cars are fine.
                My members ride thread

Comment

well i have been asking around and some say i need a performance chip to change a/f ratio. do i really need that for fuel only 10% over stock!!!! and this idling problem is killing me. WTF is up with it lol
                  My members ride thread

Comment

no your pcv valve/hose wont make your idle all fucked up...you can undo that hose and your car will just idle a bit higher but it wont make the idle flucuate......i would get an aftermarket FPR.....and dont cheap out on it.......you need to get the injectors....rail and FPR all working in sync.

Comment

i dont know crap about this stuff..but i would change the fpr with something aftermarket..maybe AEM....sounds like the problem to me..the fpr is incompatabile with your fuel rail...i was gonna do the samething....well keep us posted.

Comment

is it possible that the 10% more fuel is messing something up...the venom injectors flow 10% more fuel. i think our stockers are 240cc and this is around 264. still can't fig out what the idleing, stalling problem is though....been searching for 3 hrs now and beleieve me i will keep u guys updated on this messed up crap lol
                        My members ride thread

Comment

I must ask....why are you upgrading the fuel rails and injectors for? Going FI? Building your motor to go NA? If you aren't building an all motor or force induction setup, there's no need to upgrade these parts anyway. Also, it sounds like your still in the learning stage, no offence...
                          My official vouch thread!

Updated!!! --> My official turbo progress thread

Comment

Originally posted by 92HondaEX
                            I must ask....why are you upgrading the fuel rails and injectors for? Going FI? Building your motor to go NA? If you aren't building an all motor or force induction setup, there's no need to upgrade these parts anyway. Also, it sounds like your still in the learning stage, no offence...

of course i am building a Na motor....slowly but surely replacing everything, fuel system is now, internals then bottom end, nitrous, pulleys the whole deal so yea i am doing that. and yes i am still learning, i admit i know very very little bout engine stuff but i still don't have a answer to why my idle is erratic and how to fix it. pcv hose is till clamped shut. o and it takes a while to start the car like 4 sec. many people just think it is a vacuum hose or something. called a few shops an that what they think as well. i have a service friday so i guess i will c what the shop says. but i would like to hear some opinions from u guys on what the hell is up with my car lol. again thanks and feel free to bash me for my ignorance.
                            My members ride thread

Comment

hint #1: check your plugs...they're probably black. Spray with carb cleaner.
                              hint #2: put the stock injectors back in to clear out the cylinders of fuel.
                              hint #3: An aftermarket FPR isn't the answer to solve this problem
                              hint #4: 24cc's difference might be a little more than think it is.
                              hint #5: never go to bigger or smaller injectors without something to control them.
                              Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Working...
                              X