car bogging and sluggish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

car bogging and sluggish

well i just bought a 91 accord dx and so far i have replaced the fuel filter, air filter, catylitic convertor, muffler, and it is still bogging out at 6000 rpm and it feels weak through the whole rpm range,

HELP MEEEEEEEEEEE please

whats the millage ... and have you done a full tune up plugs, wires,cap rotor... makes a huge difference ...

In Need of an engine, just a basic f22a...pm me if you have one willing to part with.

Comment

ohh is it a 5 speed or auto ...?

In Need of an engine, just a basic f22a...pm me if you have one willing to part with.

Comment

166,000 5spd and its got new plugs and wires but not sure about the cap and rotor

Comment

im not new to cars just new to accords

i know how a car should feel and my friends accord feels way way stronger than mine and its at about 180,000 miles, i just cant figure this out

Comment

damn i think our cars redlines at what like 6000 or so. now personally my car runs better the faster i go. sluggish at 6000 though hmmm. def do full tune up. run the car, have a buddy rev the engine up a bit, only alittle bit. check and make sure everything looks good. other than that i have no idea.
            My members ride thread

Comment

WTF, just because a car redlines at this rpm, doesnt mean it pulls through it. You do not make peak power at redline, the power dies off before it. Your dx makes 125 crank horsepower at 5200 rpm. After that it drops.

Comment

bad compression? check it! oh and dont try to compare the F22A1 engne u have to ur buddy if he has an EX F22a4 or F22a6 engine....thats why u think its sluggish. I used to have an F22a1 engine cuz i have an lx trim...but anyhow those engines run out of breath at about 5800-6300 rpms! It just stops pulling...and i think the actually redline on the tach is 6200/6300 not 6500 where u are thinkin! Ur not in ur peakpower anymore that high! lol
                -Sean S-
                F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
                Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Comment

Originally posted by SMseagren83
                  bad compression? check it! oh and dont try to compare the F22A1 engne u have to ur buddy if he has an EX F22a4 or F22a6 engine....thats why u think its sluggish. I used to have an F22a1 engine cuz i have an lx trim...but anyhow those engines run out of breath at about 5800-6300 rpms! It just stops pulling...and i think the actually redline on the tach is 6200/6300 not 6500 where u are thinkin! Ur not in ur peakpower anymore that high! lol
                  -Sean S-
                  yeah, what everyone has said.. the dx a1 has the worst breathing problems of all, noticeable above 5000rpm where it hits a bottleneck. if your friend's engine is the a6 (or even the a4), then it would be clear why it feels so much faster in the higher end -- because it is.

Comment

Originally posted by slammed4dr

im not new to cars just new to accords

i know how a car should feel and my friends accord feels way way stronger than mine and its at about 180,000 miles, i just cant figure this out
                    dont take this the wrong way please, im not hating (ive seen how sensitive people get on forums sometimes) how much expirience do you have dealing with cars ( owning and working on them persay... ) ive owened 19 vehicles in my lifetime and ive probably driven more than 100 counting the ones ive worked on and even the same name brand vehicles dont feel the same to me... sorry for the long post but my point is if everything is corect pertaining to tune up and regular maitnace and the car runs very close to what the factory inteded to ( remember the cb7 is NOT a sports car ) then it could just be your imagination ...

Comment

ok i just changed the oil and i went to check the plugs and wires and i pulled off the plug wires and cylinders 2,3,4 were covered in oil so i cleaned off the plug wires and plugs and put them back in, and advanced the timing by about 3 degrees and it definitely feels alot stronger than before, but it still bogs at 6000, and from the many cars ive owned i have never felt a car do this before its like when you hit about 5600 the car noses over and you hit 6000 and it feels like you hit the brakes. NO CAR SHOULD FEEL LIKE THIS, i dont care if the motor only has 50 horsepower its just not right,
                      well im gonna replace the plugs, wires, and valve cover gasket and valvecover seals 1,2,3,4 and see if it still has oil on the wires. but any other suggestions will be appreciated, i still think its something else

Comment

Check the valve adjustments, I did mine it feels way better

heres a link:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...lve+adjustment

Great achievements result from great effort

Comment

by boging dose it feel like your hiting the rev limiter at 6000 rpm is that what you mean by"like presing on your breaks" ... the reason i ask is cause i havent adjusted my valves since i put a different head on my car and mine dose that at 5500 rpms, my power starts falling off about 4800-5100 rpms ...

Comment

imho. a lot of the boggin and sluggish stuff is dealt w/ the engine itself. i believerafter the basic tune-up, if it still bogs and stuff, it isn't ognna be as simple as you thought it was. ck compresssion. and make sure everything is alright. is timing okay? fix the oil stuff. give us more info so we can help u out.

i know what u mean by FEEL. though it can be subjective. people RELY on their instincts and listen to it regardless of what peeps say. if it boggs. doesn't idle smooth, etc. then something isn't right. most likely engine.. ck ur timing. belts, oil, many minor things can add up to your problem. a car shouldn't feel smoothe at higher RPMS when at idle or below 1k their car bogs. it makes no sense and it shouldn't be that way..

btw, i dont get why people would want to chime in, if they aren't gonna help a fellow cb7tuner out.??? i dont get it. i mean people are already having trouble, at least help then, and suggest them points, rather than just try start a flame..

just my humble opinions..
                            hahahahah

Comment

I'm not directing it towards you Steve, just a general thing. Don't take it like that, if you thought I was directing it towards you, I apoligize.
                              hahahahah

Comment

Working...
                              X