Map Sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Map Sensor

My check engine light will come on from time to time and i was wondering a couple of things. First off is it harmful to drive with the map sensor going out (the check engine lights only comes on from time to time). The second thing is how ling would it take to replace that sensor and could somebody do it by themselves and lastly should i buy a Honda gunuine part or get one that is an off brand.

PS how much would one expect to spend on a map sensor.

Thanks for any help!
    Girls are like yellow lights, do i go for it or do i stop?

They are pretty easy to change. They are in the control box on the firewall (passenger side). So just take that off and take it apart. There's the MAP sensor! Majestic Honda wants $219 for the sensor or (my recommendation) you could go to a junkyard and get the whole control box for around $20 - $30 and just swap the whole thing out. I could probably change out the sensor in less than an hour, pretty simple...
    Originally posted by Junior Smurff
    Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

thanks for the help, do anyone know if it is safe to drive it with the check engine light going on then off
      Girls are like yellow lights, do i go for it or do i stop?

Comment

Working...
      X