Couple of quick q's B4 big purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Couple of quick q's B4 big purchase

So basically this thursday i get my money 5k and ive been planning on replacing mostly everything on my CB_7!! suspension/brakes/int..headers...cat-back exhaust/ full msd ignition/AEM FPR/cam/cam gear/complete unorthodox pulley set(crank, alt, p/s) wheel upgrade, cf hood, mugen style lip, APEX super AFC2, AEM wideband O2/gauge, etc etc! anyways since im doing all of this im gonna need to get an EX (not sure eactly what the ecu code is) ecu and a new EX TCM unit! This way my JDM F22a engine will actually use that dual runner intake manifld.

The issue is that im using a 92 lx ecu and tcm with a lx wire harness....so i just wanna make sure i can pick up the EX ecu/tcm and just plug it in with the existing lx harness setup and then just run a wire to pin17 on the ex ecu for the intake manifold...correct?

The other question is that im getting a AEM cold air intake and im also getting a SCI msd ignition with the blaster SS coil( non digital ign) and i dont wanna re-locate my battery....and i JUST DONT see any room for me to install the silver ignition box? any ideas??? please lemme know ASAP im gonna order everything this FRIDAY!!!

Thanks guys
    -Sean
    F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
    Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Question 1: Yes
    Question 2: Can't help ya, because I have no experience with "ignition boxes", but I know the AEM CAI can fit past the battery. As for this ignition box, I don't know.

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
    where you been, is something wrong?
    i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

Sean as far as question one goes like it was stated already YES!

To answer #2 You can mount the box on the firewall. I have seen it done many times.
      "you can catch me swoopin 4G coupin switchin lanes" haha haha.

1993 SE coupe drag car ahoy!

1992 EX coupe 5 spd **sold **

1991 LX sedan 5 spd **tore the tranny apart**
      sold to: jakfrostwhite,F22Cb7Rid3r, and many others
      Did work for: jhoff_cb7
      Traded with: 1990AccordEX,pr3pg4lyfe

Comment

tnks guys....hmm looks tough on the firewall maybe down low soewhere
        F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
        Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Comment

hmmmm i had plenty of room to mount my MSD SCI box by my battery and i have a SR intake. i mounted it right next to the battery screwed in to where the ground from the battery meets the fender. if there is some weird black intake piping take it out and the air valve thing just teat that out. don't need it.
          My members ride thread

Comment

If you have 5k why not just get a swap then go allmotor or boost ? for 5k

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle
              If you have 5k why not just get a swap then go allmotor or boost ? for 5k
              amen..

for 5k, the mods you are gonna do aint gonna do much. Just my opinion.

Comment

well its not quite 5k its 4600 LOL! Second....its not that easy of a situation! believe me umm if i could just swap and/turbo i would! Ive thought about it! What u dont understand is that my car is in need of things that come first before building the motor! such as...suspension since my shocks are blown 215,000 on originals...the springs are shot since ive been riding on them forver...i want to upgrade from 15 inch to 16 inch 5 zigen wheels( my choice) with decent tires($900). My exhaust have leaks everywhere and i want a catback. Exterior could use some work so im getting a seibon OEM look carbon fiber hood..Need i go on!!? It may be some peoples choice to take 5k say screw the necessary stuff and dump it in the engine..I on the other hand am giving the whole entire car a makeover and doing it right....affter this ill build the motor etc etc. Then again....its my 5k, and what i plan do do with it is my thing, if peeps dont like it....simply get ur own damn 5k and do what YOU want! hahahaha
                -Sean-

Comment

Originally posted by aero3685
                  amen..

for 5k, the mods you are gonna do aint gonna do much. Just my opinion.
                  Honestly....i only listed off a "small" "portion" of the actual list of "mods" i have goin! And actually it WILL make a difference! i can show u if u want....i have a spreadsheet with pics goin....

Comment

lol.. reading owns. Good idea to put it into the stuff that needs to be done b4 engine... nevermind my comments.

Comment

My igniton box is under my battery tray . Anyhow 5k is a decent budget for mods on a CB7. I say tho fix all issues that affect drivability then concentrate on the engine.

Comment

Working...
                      X