Cooling fan timer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cooling fan timer

Hi I did a search but still need help. I think my fan timing control module is shot. The fans work fine but when I park and shut off the car the fans stop. They should keep going for a bit. My question is were is the fan control module located at? My Chilton manuel is useless!!! Thanks

Its located under the drivers side on the dash, up there next to the cruise control unit. Its the little black box that says "fan timer"
    00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

The cooling fan doesn't turn on with the ignition off unless the engine is excessively hot. I've heard mine once when it was reeeeally hot out, had the AC on and I was driving hard. It cycled about 2 times and only stayed on for about a minute or so per cycle. There is a timer module that disables the system after 10 minutes of the engine being off. You'll rarely hear it on a manual compared an auto in my experience (Live in Ohio). Also, I believe they raised the activation temperature in 1992. They eliminated the warning label in 92 stating that the fan may turn on unexpectedly for 10 minutes.

There is a test in the SM to make sure the system is working. I think you ground one of the pins on the coolant temp sensor after turning the ignition off.

Comment

thanks!!! My car dosn't overheat so I guess I'll let it go Thanks for the input.

Comment

Those preludes every single damn one 88 and up. Their fan stays on constantly!! Even with the keys out of the ignition. I had a friend with a 91 prelude and his fan stays on everday, every second, minute, hour 365 days. The only way to disable was he had to rewire the fan to a on/off switch. Some prelude goes on for 5 minutes or so but his was like wtf??
          "form follows function."
          Louis Sullivan

Comment

Working...
          X