Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long can cb7 auto transmissions last?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long can cb7 auto transmissions last?

Our cars with manual trannies can run over 300K, but the ones with an auto tranny are limited by the auto transmission operational life. Right now, my 90 has 181K with a generally smooth shifting auto tranny. I am pretty sure after a trans fluid change, with Honda ATF of course, it will be much smoother.

For those with auto tranny Accords, what is your mileage on the trans?

I had a 90 auto accord before and it had 236,000 miles on the original tranny.
    It was defintely showing signs of going (slipping), but I put a bottle of that lucas trans slip stuff and it solved the problem.....ran like a champ. 2 months later I sold the car. Hope it's still running well for the guy.

It all depends on how you treat it.
    Those who manuely shift it are just asking for it to go sooner than it should.

Take care of it and don't abuse it.

Midwest car club

Current rides:
    91 accord lx (5spd)
    92 accord lx (5spd)
    93 accord lx (auto )

Comment

156k w/my auto tranny...need to do a tranny flush bad.
      Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

167K and still running great. Just keep up on the maintenance.
        Originally posted by rickyduckworth
        i'll do *** things for the OEM trunk lip spoiler

Comment

my first dx went to 160k with my bro driving it like a crazy bitch
          my ex now it was slipping on second gear when it had only 102k in it....
          oh and this kid i know has about 260k in it....
          so to answer ur question....
          no one knows for sure and it depends a little on how u drive it.
          are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

191k here and original tranny. Shifts like a champ still

My ride RS6 HELLA Bi-xenon ECE retrofitted CB7
            www.maketradefair.com

Comment

I have a 91 Honda accord with 248k auto tranny and still runs great!! But in process of tranny auto/manual swap to get my shifting skills up to par...
              My CB For Sale

Comment

Originally posted by jtek24
                I have a 91 Honda accord with 248k auto tranny and still runs great!! But in process of tranny auto/manual swap to get my shifting skills up to par...
                my flex plate broke last year

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
                Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
                NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

195k and still kicking the crap outa it!!!!...its showing signs of it crappin out, but i get on it every single day!..it wouldnt hurt for me to do a complete flush and run something thicker!..but it would last if you kept up on maintenance, and didnt run it too hard.

^sold

Comment

Originally posted by lil_dcb7
                    my flex plate broke last year
                    That sux!!!
                    My CB For Sale

Comment

i got 154k and running it with a 75 shot of nitrous... run good
                      Accord Of The Month January 09
                      Accord Of The Year 09

My 2 Babys
                      BMW TECH FOR 15 YEARS

Comment

Originally posted by jtek24
                        That sux!!!
                        werd

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
                        Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
                        NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

Mine had about 240k-245k when it started slipping. Then I went and did the H22 /manual swap. So I would say from what I've seen posted so far, it seems pretty normal to start losing the tranny at about 240k-250k...
                          Originally posted by Junior Smurff
                          Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

Mine has 269k on it and seems OK shudders a little in reverse and slips ever so slightly when really hot out.

Comment

130k on mine, shifts GREAT, 160k on my moms, it shudders out of first

Comment

Working...
                              X