Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ARRRRRRRRRGH A/C woes!!!

Quick questions:

What are the most common problems w/a non-working A/C? Leaks?
    How do I check for leaks? i.e., what hoses should I look at?
    Are the hoses easy to replace?
    What tools do I need to do the R12->R134 x-over(i.e. pumps, gauges, all of that)?

I know summer's almost over but I wanna get this done as August is always extra humid, and I won't be able to deal w/that. I've searched and everything but I can't find a "simple" answer...I just wanna know what I have to check for, etc., etc...honestly I might just pay someone to fix it but I'd rather see if I can do it first. Thx in advance!!!

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

i have an rc 12 and i bought a conversion kit which is basically just an adapter and refilled it with r134... well my kompressor is all messed up now cuz i guess i put too much in...

Comment

Your compressor might have been messed up from the get go...

Originally posted by lordoja
      im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

well to check the lines i guess spray some soapy water on it and see if it freezes. I dont know imo you can feel around it if theres a puncture or y ou may have to change the lines itself

Comment

Working...
        X