warm up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

warm up

in the morning or after a long period parked (enough to where your oil and water cools down dramatically), do you ever "warm up" your car? i know it's not carburated so it shouldn't stall in the cold or anything like that. i just have a habit of leaving my car at idle for at least 2 mins before i take off. anyone do this? is this even necessary? (i ask b/c my buddy's scion says in the manual to not idle warm up but drive slowly under 2k until the water gets to operating temperature).

also can i turn on my a/c right when i turn on my car in the morning or after a long period parked? i heard this puts unnecessary stress on the motor since the oil and water are not up to operating temperature yet. someone please shed some useful insight!

thanks!
    1cor10:31
    - 92 LX coupe
    - 96 EX wagon (sold)

i dont know about the cons, but as far as my pros: i usually turn the car on and adjust audio( change CD, adjust sub volumne and check all grounds), then roll down windows and if its hot turn on the AC, then pop the hood and just check to see that everything under the hood is still in place.. haha i dont know why but its just habit now. then i light up a stog and close the garage and am off to work/ school after about a 2-3 minute warm up. works for me and its pretty much habit for the accord.

when i drive the bmw i just start that bitch and squeal out the garage. i guess RWD just inspires me to drive it like i stole it.

Comment

i used to let it warm up for 5 minutes and now i wait about 30 seconds -1 minute and then drive off extremely slow.

like if i need to goto work (since i live on a hill) i coast it down the street.
      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

i let it warm up for like 7 minutes. oil takes 2x as long to warm up than coolant. more lubrication for more WOT =)

i have autostart and window roll down so i just start my car, turn on everything and take a shower lol.
        What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

I guess it would depend on climate. I warm mines up for about a min, make sure im comfortable, mirrors, etc. Then I just go, drive gentle then when temp is regular i still drive gentle hahah cuz traffic..
          hahahahah

Comment

Working...
          X