No announcement yet.

Gauges...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought a sunpro oil pressure gauge too, but will get autometer or something else. For installing, it looks like the one with the plastic line. If it is then u will need to buy some brass fittings a nipple and a T fitting i think thats what there called. Size for TEE and Nipple are 1/8". I bought mine at Local hardware store. You will need to take out your oil pressure sending unit located right above your oil filter. Remove that and place brass nipple there then the TEE fitting On Nipple. On one side of the TEE fitting replace your Oil pressure sending unit and on the other place the plastic line that came with gauge. But if its the eletric sunpro gauge one u place the sending unit take came with gauge there and run wire's or platic tubing to the gauge.

Comment

thanks man, preciate it.
      i have to buy the stuff cause it came with nuffin
      its the non electrical gauge
      but thanks fro helping me out, im a go get everything this weekend
      NEED RAP BEATS.....

www.soundclick.com/akcidentaltrakz

Comment

Originally posted by cb7deathride
        Wow, never though id hear that from anyone here.
        im not dissing on his gauges ...
        its just that In MY OWN opinion i dont like how the a/f gauge LOOKS not that i dont think its cool that hes using one.. big difference..
        oh and the autometer one isnt that much more expensive... on Groupbuycenter.com there pretty cheap

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

pics of when there up..
          would like to see were u mount em...

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Man your interior looks violated!! Haha, good luck with the custom work.

Comment

what's better in terms of reliability & accuracy? mechanical or electric oil pressure gauge?
              HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

The gauge i bought is a sunpro just like theone's has in the pic. Its mechanical and when i 1st turn on my car in the mornings or when it has been sitting a while the gauge will read 80psi until the car has warmed up and has been run a while. Then it will start to read it right. But for the 1st 15 min or so of driving it dosnt read it write. Im not sure if its because of the brand or mechanical. But for reading it does read right only takes a while.

I also got a question. My psi seems to drop about 5psi after driving for a while. Like at 3,000 rpm its suppose to be at 50 psi but its at or around 45 psi. Is it a big problem to be 5-10 psi lower than normal. But at stop it dosnt drop it is at 10psi and stays at 10psi. Just drops at higher Rpms. Any ideas what it could be or is this normal?

Comment

im not sure, i really dont kno what it suppose to be.

but a good person to ask would be Nathan Morris, i dont know his user name tho
                  or Hondafan or Busted or Fizzboy

hey Accordingly2004

what is the tubing i need to get for teh oil gauge. i mean, when i brought mines, it came with nothing. no adapters, nuffin
                  Last edited by theone; 01-14-2004, 01:46 PM.
                  NEED RAP BEATS.....

Comment

installed gauges today
                    air/fuel gauge was no problem, im good at installing electrical things, took like 10-15minutes. it says im running rich, which im not tho, it says this because i havent had teh o@sensor replaced yet (cant get that bitch off) so i dont have it pluged up so its giving a signal that its rich, but i have an adjustable FPR so i just adjust it back to 40psi, so im str8 on that end until i get the sensor fixed.

oil pressure gauge........DAMN....headache but i got it done. the harderst put was the easious. just getting the nipple into the blovk was stressful cause u couldnt really get a good look and handle on it. then u have to run teh tube, and make sure all connections are tight or u will leak all. thats a done deal.
                    last thing i had to do was mount them, which i did
                    ill have pics tomorrow, it drak out right now (finish right before it got dark and started snowing )
                    NEED RAP BEATS.....

Comment

dude that looks wack..........

Comment

heres how a gutted interior would look cover with carpet

p.s.-my H is f-ed up so i just left it out
                        NEED RAP BEATS.....

Comment

haha i know someone on 3gs that is ur fucking brother interior wise... ill try to find a pic.. some fucking setup.. carpet covered..ahhahahahahaha
                          hold up lemme find it.

hahaha looks familar ey! yes its auto!!!

his dyno graph of his CARBED 3g AUTO

lol... seriously.. THEONES LOST BROTHER FROM HAWAII.. HAHA. doing unheard of things to their cars
                          Last edited by WiKKeDV16; 01-18-2004, 04:37 PM.

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

lol....
                            anything for quicker cb7....lol
                            another shot...focus is kinda shot...

Last edited by theone; 01-18-2004, 04:51 PM.
                            NEED RAP BEATS.....

Comment

I think it will prob look kinda hot! Take some pics in the daylight and show it off, man

Comment

Working...
                              X