How do you bypass the clutch for remote start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you bypass the clutch for remote start

Well as some as you know i got an alarm for my car and it comes with the remote start feature. Props to Pwrusr1 for helping me with the wiring. I need help i have everything set but i need to figure out how to bypass the clutch. If i sit in the car hold the clutch down then press the button on the remote the car WILL in fact start. If U dont have the clutch down it wont. I need to figure this out fast so i can put all the panels back together. Its a mess underthere.

If anyoen knows please help. Pics would be VERY appreaciative.

Thanks

Wayne

really though man, i wouldnt do it. all it takes is one time when you remote start your car and then you accidentaly bust your car through a wall.

Comment

Originally posted by clarksterdotcom
      really though man, i wouldnt do it. all it takes is one time when you remote start your car and then you accidentaly bust your car through a wall.
      Not my remote start.....compustar baby! With my remote start, before you turn off the car, you must have it in neutral, and when you remove the key the car will still be running for 2mins. Once you close your door, the car locks itself and triggers the remote start. Lets say I need to get a cd out of my car and I go in my car, the remote start is deadivated and you can't start the car with the remote (safety feature....just incase you accidently knock it into gear when your in your car). Mine is as safe as can be and I love it!

I'll try and get pics for you man!

Midwest car club

Current rides:
      91 accord lx (5spd)
      92 accord lx (5spd)
      93 accord lx (auto )

Comment

Originally posted by 92CB7accord
        Not my remote start.....compustar baby! With my remote start, before you turn off the car, you must have it in neutral, and when you remove the key the car will still be running for 2mins. Once you close your door, the car locks itself and triggers the remote start. Lets say I need to get a cd out of my car and I go in my car, the remote start is deadivated and you can't start the car with the remote (safety feature....just incase you accidently knock it into gear when your in your car). Mine is as safe as can be and I love it!

I'll try and get pics for you man!
        compustars are in a different category, and i doubt that wayne is installing one himself or i guess pwrusr is installing it. but still thats an alarm id take to a certified installer, just MHO cause some of those features i want to make sure work.

Comment

I was helping him through AIM.
          Last edited by pwrusr; 07-29-2005, 09:35 AM.
          ~~~~~~~

Comment

What kind of alarm is this? I'll try and find some info for his alarm.

Midwest car club

Current rides:
            91 accord lx (5spd)
            92 accord lx (5spd)
            93 accord lx (auto )

Comment

i think it is a bad idea, i have been at many import meets and seen cars go randomly crashing into walls, bushes, and other cars. all it takes is for you to bend down with the keys in your pocket and blam. later.
              Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

This works great if you already run a turbo timer. Pretty much zero risk of the car being in gear.

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG
                  i think it is a bad idea, i have been at many import meets and seen cars go randomly crashing into walls, bushes, and other cars. all it takes is for you to bend down with the keys in your pocket and blam. later.
                  absolutly concur.

OT: Love the sig man, clean ass engine bay =D
                  2DAO (2 Door Accord Owner)
                  JDM H22 DOHC 200/161 2.2L
                  My members ride: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=20385

Comment

enough can someone at least help me bypass the clutch? I did it all myself and thats the only thing i need to do. WHen i hold down the clutch and hit the button is starts right up... and it wont work until u press the clutch in.

And my car wont go anywhere because I NEVER put my car in gear when i park. I always just use the Ebrake. i use it in gear if im on a hill and theres no hills near me.

So if someone can help me bypass the clutch let me know

Comment

enough can someone at least help me bypass the clutch? I did it all myself and thats the only thing i need to do. WHen i hold down the clutch and hit the button is starts right up... and it wont work until u press the clutch in.

And my car wont go anywhere because I NEVER put my car in gear when i park. I always just use the Ebrake. i use it in gear if im on a hill and theres no hills near me.

So if someone can help me bypass the clutch let me know

Comment

AT YOU OWN RISK; there's a switch attached to the pedal assembly similar to the brake light switch. Short the wires or whatever and that should do the trick.

Comment

by pass the cluch

ok man theres a botton when you push down your cluch that inglages the tranny or somthing like. so all you have to do is get a pen or somthing to have that thing that makes the car think that the cluch is in. i mean i wouldnt do it becuase that one time you forget to take the car out of gear and BOOM THERE GOES YOUR CAR. but dats wut you have to do

Comment

Working...
                          X