with my transmission off...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

with my transmission off...

what should i check for? ill probably be doing my rear main, clutch, flywheel, replace tranny.
    missing anything else? rear motor mount?
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Rear motor mount is about the only other thing I can think of. PLEASE don't forget to grease the rear main before you install it. I forgot to do mine and had to do the whole thing all over again the next weekend.

Comment

mounts, bearings and such?? cables sorry just chiming in. i d k much.
      hahahahah

Comment

rear motor mounts are so expensive...oh well. i guess id rather do it when the tranny is off...
        I <3 G60.

Comment

wait 1 day and fill it with urathane, so much cheaper. just my 2 cents tho...
          H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
            rear motor mounts are so expensive...oh well. i guess id rather do it when the tranny is off...

rear mounts arent expensive off ebay. i bought one for 47 bucks shipped- works great. inculdes solenoid and all that.

Comment

Get that *throw-out bearing* replaced as well .. weakest link and least expensive part ...

A Hui Hou !!!
              Tomi

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

Originally posted by NutBucket
                Rear motor mount is about the only other thing I can think of. PLEASE don't forget to grease the rear main before you install it. I forgot to do mine and had to do the whole thing all over again the next weekend.
                ummm what's the rear main? I watched as my auto tranny was removed and installed and didnt see them change anything cept the tranny itself.

Comment

Originally posted by i97supratti
                  ummm what's the rear main? I watched as my auto tranny was removed and installed and didnt see them change anything cept the tranny itself.
                  rear main crankshaft seal.

Originally posted by PakaloloHonda
                  Get that *throw-out bearing* replaced as well .. weakest link and least expensive part ...

A Hui Hou !!!
                  Tomi
                  def. my exedy oem kit came with new pilot and throwoutbearings. mine is squeaking right now becaus eof popping the clutch :x
                  I <3 G60.

Comment

w00t, just bought a rear main seal, motor mount inserts, feeler guage, a knife (who'd believe kragen sells knives?) and brake pad shims
                    I <3 G60.

Comment

Originally posted by PakaloloHonda

A Hui Hou !!!
                      Tomi
                      ABSOLUTLY!!! And don't forget to greese it...omg, mine is grinding because the grease ran out...
                      2DAO (2 Door Accord Owner)
                      JDM H22 DOHC 200/161 2.2L
                      My members ride: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=20385

Comment

Originally posted by TheTempest
                        ABSOLUTLY!!! And don't forget to grease it...omg, mine is grinding because the grease ran out...
                        My *mechanic* (last mech.. new one now) forGOT to grease mine before he installed my clutch.
                        This was alll done when I installed the new motor, and did *everything*.

So now, it sometimes sounds like a lil birdie got stuck in the tranny .. if you depress the clutch,
                        ever sooooo slightly, the noise disapears .. but, I *ride* it a lil .. jus so it'll wear out quicker ..
                        that way .. it'll give me an excuse... to go and get a nice new *meatier* clutch, and *upgrade*

A Hui Hou !!!
                        Tomi
                        Last edited by PakaloloHonda; 07-25-2005, 03:00 PM.

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
                        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

Working...
                        X