Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

where to hook up oil psi and temp lines?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where to hook up oil psi and temp lines?

hello..................... i just bought some guages.... oil psi, oil temp, and amps.... the amp shouldn't be a problem... but i don't know where to hook up the oil psi and temp guages too... i looked on my friends truck and it was right there but on my car i odn't really know where they hook up to... if osmebody knows plz let me know! thanks

SOLD!

You have to get an adapter for the back of the block where the stock oil pressure sensor is. Tunertoys.com has one, you simply screw in the adapter which has a slot for things such as a turbo oil feed line, oil psi, and the stock oil pressure sensor. For the oil temp i had mine tapped into the oil pan before it started leaking
    Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

I bought some Sunpro gages a while ago and had an extra spot on the back of the block above the oil filter to hook up the oil temp. gage. There was also an extra spot closer to the oil pump that I hooked up the oil temp. gage to. No adapters needed, and I still have the OEM oil sending unit hooked up to for the dummy light. This is on an F22A4 tho so it'll be a little different on yours.

My Accord History:
      91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

Comment

Originally posted by ACCLUDE91
        temp. gage. There was also an extra spot closer to the oil pump that I hooked up the oil temp. gage to. No adapters needed
        did it happen to be one of those plugs that you have to take out with an allen wrench??? I always wondered about those plugs
        Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Originally posted by ACCLUDE91
          I bought some Sunpro gages a while ago and had an extra spot on the back of the block above the oil filter to hook up the oil temp. gage. There was also an extra spot closer to the oil pump that I hooked up the oil temp. gage to. No adapters needed, and I still have the OEM oil sending unit hooked up to for the dummy light. This is on an F22A4 tho so it'll be a little different on yours.

30 something bucks at advanced auto correct? i'm rocken those things... umm... could you take some pics plz???

SOLD!

Comment

Originally posted by midnite racer x
            did it happen to be one of those plugs that you have to take out with an allen wrench??? I always wondered about those plugs
            Yup!

My oil gages were easy to hook up because of those plugs. The coolant temp was a different story....ended up removing the front coolant temp switch (used for the condeser fan) and plugged it in there.

Originally posted by g-wagon
            30 something bucks at advanced auto correct? i'm rocken those things... umm... could you take some pics plz???
            Yeah, $16 each or something like that. Cheap, but effective....the story of my life!

I'll snag some pics in a little bit when I head back over to the shop. They should be up here within the next hour or two.

My Accord History:
            91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

Comment

thank you much.... also how did you route the lines through the car? just striat through the dash and somewhere in the firewall? if possible can you get pics of the whole set from engine to guage?

SOLD!

Comment

Sure, I'll take some pics....but mine is far from stock.......I have no interior so it makes running the lines a lot easier and completely different from how you would want to run them. You'll see what I mean.

My Accord History:

-Patrick

Comment

Here's some pics...they're kinda shitty but oh well

Here's the gages:

Here's where it's run through the firewall:

Here's the connections to the engine:

kinda hard to see but that thing right above the blue oil filter is the oil pressure connection.

and the one right below the filter is the temp. connection.

I know my car is ugly and I don't care. Looking pretty doesn't help me out at the track at all. For some reason, most of the newer guys on this site feel the need to state how ugly my car is in just about every post I make with pics (as if everything is based on looks)....so comments about how ugly my car is are not needed. Thank you and have a nice day

My Accord History:

-Patrick

Comment

no hating from me..... thank you much for those locals.... i want to get my guages hooked up... just don't know about that clock removal

SOLD!

Comment

Well, the clock is where I grabbed the light wire and ground wire for the gages. I decided to go ahead and remove the clock cause it wouldn't be visible from the driver seat anyways. I look at the gages a lot more often than I ever looked at that ugly ass clock Hope these pics help you out a little. Ask if you have any other questions

My Accord History:

-Patrick

Comment

Working...
                      X