Camshaft regrind . . . hows this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camshaft regrind . . . hows this

So I finally decided to get my camshaft reground. Pulled it out, sent it away and got it back the next afternoon.
    Camshaft specs:
    Inlet Exhaust
    Duration 270 Duration 280
    Valve lift .345" Valve lift .292"

So anyway I get It back, fit it all up, and start it up-noisey as, then I clicked that I need to set the valve clearances to the camshaft specs (0.006") So I do that, run it in as required and go for a drive . . . . Yea powers up slightly, and pulls right through to 7500 rpm. But I'm thinking there should be more power, so I check the valve timing . . . . Out by 3 teeth!!!!! I'm realllly confused about how the engine is actually running, it shouldnt even go.
    So I've got it all stripped in at Honda (I work there) and going to fit new cambelt, and balance shaft belt tomorrow. Hopefully all goes well.....

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

what motor is this in? cause i know that you guys have different motors "down under".. sorry that was corny. but what other mods do you have. id invest in a bigger TB and all the other basic bolt ons.

Comment

Its the F20A3 engine . . . Carburetted, so far got Intake, cam, and rear muffler. Looking at getting raised compression, full exhaust and modifying the original carby

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Working...
      X