brake bleeding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

brake bleeding

This is a newb question but its saturday.

anyway my brake peddle has a mushy feel and i assume its the brakes needing to be bled because i bought my cb7 wrecked and had to pull the frame and replace the apron and all that good stuff. while i was down there i noticed the banjo bolt was loose and leaking fluid i tightned but i neglected to bleed it.
    now that my cars out of the shop its getting on my nerves so please. can someone tell the order in which to bleed the cb7 brakes and how to bleed calipers ive only had experience with drums. thanks for the help

Originally posted by customcb7
    This is a newb question but its saturday.

anyway my brake peddle has a mushy feel and i assume its the brakes needing to be bled because i bought my cb7 wrecked and had to pull the frame and replace the apron and all that good stuff. while i was down there i noticed the banjo bolt was loose and leaking fluid i tightned but i neglected to bleed it.
    now that my cars out of the shop its getting on my nerves so please. can someone tell the order in which to bleed the cb7 brakes and how to bleed calipers ive only had experience with drums. thanks for the help
    Start with the pass rear then the driver rear, pass front and driver front. All you have to do is have someone pump up the brakes and hold the pedal and crack open the bleeder and let the air out, but before your assistant lets up on the pedal close the bleeder. Make sure the resivoir dosen't run dry or you will put air into the system.
    The other way you can bleed your brakes if you are by yourself is to get a one man brake bleeder kit from your local parts store, thats what I did an it worked great. I just did one wheel at a time, put the hose on that comes with the kit and it has a one way check valve and some clear tubing so you can see the air and fluid and get a bottle to catch the old fluid. Crack the bleeder and slowly pump the brakes until there isnt any more air in the system. Just be sure to keep and eye on the resivoir and dont let it run dry.
    Caliper and drum brakes bleed same way so if you have done drum brakes in the past you shouldnt have any problems with disc brakes.

Good luck,

Ken
    Can't complain, it was free!

Comment

thanks man appreciate it

Comment

mushy but feels like it couldl go all the way to the floor=master cylinder

cant get any leverage and it feels you press onto a brick wall near the end=brake booster

those are possible. i just replaced, my front calipers, rotors, pads, master cylinder and checked the brake hoses but i cant get any leverage on my brakes.

so it has to be the brake booster since i havent replaced that yet but is so damn expensive!!!
        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

thanks for the input wed3k hopefully its nothing that serious *crosses fingers*

Comment

Working...
          X