Suggestions On Flex Pipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestions On Flex Pipe

What's sup guys, I need some suggestions on a 92 cb7 lx coupe The flex pipe has and exhaust leak but the entire system needs to be replaced. I'm going with the Apexi WS 2 cat back. My question is: Would it make sence to replace just the flex pipe or should I purchase headers and do the entire system? I wanna do it right the first time!!

Thanks alot for any input..

If you know that you want to get yourself a a set of headers then i strongly suggest just getting yourself a set of some quality headers.

Comment

I'm kinda of a newbie at this, so I'm just looking for my best option's. If I were throw in some headers, does that include the flex pipe? Is it one purchase with both items in it? (the header and the flex pipe) Would I be saving some cash flow by going this route? What make should I go with?

Comment

Most if not all header sets come with a flexpipe. Dont spend double. Most muffler shops i know will charge like 160 for a flexpipe alone. You can save that and get yourself som obx headers or dc headers.

Comment

4 cylinder... just one header (sorry, pet peeve of mine... )

I say definitely get a header. If you're spending the money on a good catback, might as well get a quality header as well. Honestly, if you want decent quality for a low price, check into Megan Racing. I hear that they sometimes have slight fitment issues, but they work... For the price, they make really good stuff! DC is cool, but a bit overpriced to me. That extra 1-2hp you gain over a cheaper header doesn't really justify the higher price to me. I would only want one if I got it used. (strange, comng from the guy who's making plans to buy an SMSP header!)

Comment

You guys are the best!! Thanks alot.. I'm going with headers cause it includes the flex pipe and it's much cheaper (Just gotta figure out what brand), Hopefully it won't be to loud with the Apexi exhaust..

Thanks a million

Comment

Loud and Apex WS2 don't go in the same sentence.

SO quiet.
              members/ride | the/website
              180 hp/145 ft-lb

Comment

Are you saying that headers and the Apexi WS 2 wouldn't be a good set up? Would it be to loud?

Comment

He's saying a good header and the apexi WS2 will be a good QUIET combo. Yery close to stock noise levels
                  ~~~~~~~

Comment

Yeah, a good header and the WS2 will be the quietest free-flowing system you can find. A nice CAI would complete the package Should get you maybe 145 to the crank as well... maybe a little more.

Comment

When I got my headers they didn't come with a flex pipe. Although I got them from a shop that had them from someone they ordered it for and never picked them up. So I got them for cheap 220 for SS

Originally posted by pwrusr
                      He's saying a good header and the apexi WS2 will be a good QUIET combo. Yery close to stock noise levels
                      How 'bout when you open it up? H22?

Comment

yeah i have a dc header and the WS2 catback with stock cat...and its nice and quiet...not to ricey or attention grabber..from inside the car you can barely hear it, but from outside you can deffently tell there is an aftermarket exhaust on there...but overall i think it is a great combo

Comment

Did your DcSports headers come with a flex pipe?
                          Hows it sound when you open it up?

Comment

yeah it comes with the header,downpipe which has a flexpipe on there,gaskets,bolts,and a sticker
                            sounds nice when i open it up...i can still hear my short ram intake over it, but thats just because that thing is loud...i need to quiet being lazy and put on my coldair and i will probably hear my exhaust a little more then i do know....but IMO i would go with the dc sporst header and the WS2...i love it...if you want something a little loud try the greddy evo 2 catback..it looks and sounds great also and is a little louder then the WS2

Comment

I want quiet I'm not getting pulled over anymore for my muffler.
                              The only thing my headers came with is the gaskets I guess you get what you pay for.
                              Is your car swapped?

Comment

Working...
                              X