oil problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oil problem?

well its about 5 dewgress out and the wind chill is near-10.i let my car run till it was warmed up.ichecked my oil and it is full but for some reason there was like these little foamy bubbles in the oil,they were minascule lil things on the dipstick.it looked like little tiny bubbles in the oil.is that bad?i know it is not water.is thew oil foami9ng for some reason.can i drivew the car like that?thanks

how full is ur oil, is it over the top dot or just under, if its just under then your are fine, if its over some what then its called churning oil...

id not pay attention to it...usually bubles are fine, unless ur ursing a sae 30 then you have a problem.

but its not a big problem...ur oil light doesnt stay on does it?

winters like that, use 5w30..

check oil after the car has been off for 20 minutes....if not u will get a faulse reading sometimes
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

ya its funny you sat that,it is a little over full but its the damn car,i'll check the oil one day and it will be down a quart so i fill it up,then the next time i check it its a lil over full,i always get inacurate readings....why? its a lil over full is that bad?

Comment

when ur car is on your oil goes through the oil pump, on the valves and everything...and if u check it at that moment u wont get a right reading.

now if u wait 20 mintues and let the car sit and the oil settle you will get a more accurate reading..make sure the surface is level
        What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

thanks so use 5w30,and did you say it was ok that its a lil over full,and the bubbles are ok too right?also isnt it true that as long as the oils between the 2 dots that the oil is alright,thanks (tech)

Comment

5w30 has more flow in that weather...use that just to be a little better

if the oil is a little over the crank shaft will churn the oil creating bubles and lessening oil life....

i always am just under the top mark...but yes between the 2 marks and at least in the middle is fine...

Retro!

Hater

Comment

thanks,i must sound like an idiot cause thats some easy shit but i just thought i would make shur,you can never be to shure,thanks again!brrrrr.......mad shrinkage!

Comment

ITs too damn cold i go back inside and let it warm up outside . I hate it though i have to start my car three times it cuts off three times then stays on the third time. Its just too cold for anything nowadays even to go anywhere literally. I leave the heat on also so when i get in nice and warm I let my whip warm up for 8-10 minutes.

Comment

Working...
                X