starting the caR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

starting the caR

well latley i come across some problem. sometimes my car wont start, it will turn over and start but die immediatly. sometimes it just tries to turn over, usually the oil light wont come on at all and when it does start and dies all the lights in the dash goes out.

so i was like let me get the ecu codes and i came up with this:
    Ignition Output Signal
    Missing, defective or noisy Ignition Output Signal

it just got a new alternator as well...but im clueless to whats up.

it has a new ignition coil as well...good plugs last i checked and new ngk wires.
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

WEll then change it ! What are you waiting for dude fix it.

Comment

its moreso in the distributor i'd guess. Check the wires that plug to the distributor is all i can really help with...busted should be able to handle this with ease.
      Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

well i found out it was the ignition switch. i foiund if i held the key in a certain posisition it would stay on. so blah!

so to bypass this i use my remote start and disabled the safety features, so i can actually drive the car without the key. pretty neat =). but now i have to search for the part.
        What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

ah, same happened to my accord 2 yrs ago. Bought the part at autozone for 60-80 and swapped it out in an hr or so. plug in the harness and bolt up the 2 screws on it.

Formerly 91AccordExR33
          11.68 @ 127mph
          417whp/375wtq
          Sold: 8/2016

Comment

hmmm... i wonder if that is what is wrong with mine sometimes. if i stall it, it gets mad and won't always start back up. i take the key out and sit for about 10 seconds and it starts right up. later.
            Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech
              well latley i come across some problem. sometimes my car wont start, it will turn over and start but die immediatly. sometimes it just tries to turn over, usually the oil light wont come on at all and when it does start and dies all the lights in the dash goes out.

so i was like let me get the ecu codes and i came up with this:
              Ignition Output Signal
              Missing, defective or noisy Ignition Output Signal

it just got a new alternator as well...but im clueless to whats up.

it has a new ignition coil as well...good plugs last i checked and new ngk wires.
              My money is on the ignitor....I had the same problems and as soon as I changed it, it fire right back up.

Caleb
              My official vouch thread!

Updated!!! --> My official turbo progress thread

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG
                hmmm... i wonder if that is what is wrong with mine sometimes. if i stall it, it gets mad and won't always start back up. i take the key out and sit for about 10 seconds and it starts right up. later.
                I think your problem may be the main relay for the fuel pump, sometimes it gets hot and wont let the fuel pump work, believe it or not if you relieve the tank from pressure, undo the gas cap, it will usually start up! Dont know why?! Why are you stalling it??? Do you need lessons, lol, I will teach you as long as I can drive your car! hehehehehe, just buggin!

WaC!

Comment

Originally posted by 92HondaEX
                  My money is on the ignitor....I had the same problems and as soon as I changed it, it fire right back up.

Caleb
                  nah if it was that then my remote start wouldnt work at all.

and if it was my fuel pump my car would never start..plus that main relay was replaced recently.

it was the ignition switch, i bought it for 40 bucks at autozone and installed it in 20 minutes. cake, works like a charm.

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Working...
                  X