Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 foot long piece of rubber

Minor technical question here....
    Can anyone think of any major drawbacks to not having the rubber deflector underneath the front end of the car?
    Mine ripped in about 4 different places and caught on every curb I parked at. I tore the damn thing off about a year ago and haven't looked back.
    If anyone can think of a really good reason to put it back on, though, I'm all ears....
    '91 accord (gone but not forgotten)
    '01 330i (now the wife's)
    next? pcar pending return home

Originally posted by uslspct
    It would be like crack. So addicting yet so stupid.

that thing looked ugly as hell. I hit mine so many times, that it started to hang, i ripped it off . No problems, I think it's function is to keep your engine clean, dont quote me, I may be wrong.. That's the only logical thing I can think off..

My Ride

Comment

Yeah, its pretty much to keep the engine bay clean. I drove to nashville and back with it off, and the bay got so dirty. Especially with that stupid pollen.

Comment

cleanliness....true true. It's been to florida and back (700 miles one way) a couple times without. I'm not worried about it.

and honestly, I don't show my car, if the engine bay gets a bit dirtier than usual, I'm not going to sweat it too hard.
        '91 accord (gone but not forgotten)
        '01 330i (now the wife's)
        next? pcar pending return home

Originally posted by uslspct
        It would be like crack. So addicting yet so stupid.

Comment

That is the spash shield and it coud be replaced easily. It would be a good idea to replace it to keep road debris from damaging anything.

Comment

yea it used to keep it clean but also protect it from any debris that may kinda mess your engine up.........and for us slammed vehicles it helps protect when we scrape
            My members ride thread

Comment

Nobody thinks it could possibly have anything to do with smoothing the flow of air under the car?
              -Jay

Comment

is it rubber? i thought that thing int he front is plastic?
                I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
                  is it rubber? i thought that thing int he front is plastic?
                  yea that is plastic...were did u get rubber from? i would def keep it, although when i had my cb7 i had a full kit and the only thing that happend was the engine got pretty dirty........pretty fast.....and your alternator will get dirty too....try to keep that there if at all possible.....but i live in new england so i we have bad winters here......thats mu .02

Comment

I haven't seen anybody mention that it could be use to help keep water out of the bay....

Caleb
                    My official vouch thread!

Updated!!! --> My official turbo progress thread

Comment

Originally posted by 92HondaEX
                      I haven't seen anybody mention that it could be use to help keep water out of the bay....

Caleb
                      Originally posted by Bluejayde
                      Nobody thinks it could possibly have anything to do with smoothing the flow of air under the car?
                      Yes, I was thinking the exact same things! I'd have to say water spray/air would pass over the underside of the engine bay. It would def. stay cleaner too, which makes everything alittle easier to work on and even admire!

Comment

Working...
                      X