No announcement yet.

Sport mode auto tranny problems!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep definately the vehicle speed sensor. I replaced mine for like $40. Very easy to replaces takes about 5 minutes.
    R.I.P. Cb7 4/27/05
    My members ride page
    Official Ebay Whore Crew #1

Comment

this happened to me alot of times ..when i start d car the S light keeps on blinking, all i do is shut off the car press the arm/dis arm button for my alarm system and the S light stops blinking and the cars runs fine..i dont know about you guys but my cars still runs good(as far as i knoe) but yeah same as the other guys are askin do i need to worry about this thing? becuase i never did..
      "
      Fast and cheap won't be reliable
      Cheap and reliable won't be fast.
      And fast and reliable won't be cheap
      "
      ~EYCEE~

Comment

I had the same problem last year d4 light woudl be on when i started the car and then would flash, or would be driving normal and all of a sudden it was like it had nofourth gear or something, my tranny computer had gone bad , some how hole plug in floor board under neathe it had come out and moisture got into it. I got one from junkyard and had no problems since.
        BUILT NOT BOUGHTOG OWNER,SINCE 06/1992

Comment

Originally posted by doughboy415
          I had the same problem last year d4 light woudl be on when i started the car and then would flash, or would be driving normal and all of a sudden it was like it had nofourth gear or something, my tranny computer had gone bad , some how hole plug in floor board under neathe it had come out and moisture got into it. I got one from junkyard and had no problems since.
          Where is it located on the vehicle. I've been having some very strange problems with my car surging while I'm driving, the S light will blink on during the surge then disappear again as soon as the car returns to normal. Sort of like it is coughing. I've had some water leaks in my car's interior so if its dripping down onto the tranny computer... well that's no good :S

Sorry for whoring the thread, I'm a little worried about my car taking off on my at speed on the highway.
          "Vision without Action is a Daydream. Action without Vision is a Nightmare."

Comment

the tcu is located on the passsenger side in the front floor board, just pull the carpet back, its a 10mm deep well socket for the nuts on the plate covering it and also for the bolts holding it to the plate and its the small one on your rightjust flip it over and unplg it

Comment

Thanks!
              "Vision without Action is a Daydream. Action without Vision is a Nightmare."

Comment

Working...
              X