How to replace rear motor mount?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to replace rear motor mount?

What is the easiest way to replace the rear firewall motor mount on a 92 Auto honda accord EX sedan?

i heard the easies/best way to get to it was to remove the intake manifold and get it trough there

Originally posted by fizzbob7
    first off, don't be a sissy bitch.....that's what you're being
    Originally posted by ACC0RD22
    no need to get sand in your vagina over this guys.
    So. Cal OUTLAWZ

Comment

^thats what i would do

Comment

I do it from the bottom. Remove all the mount bolts, take out the left side axle and the intake manifold support bracket, then just twist the mount sideway from underneath and it slides right out.
        00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

^ guys r funny
          all u need to do is take all the bolts off the mount that r on the tranny from under the car and then take the 1 bolt off the actual mount

note u have to put the vehicle on jack stands and use the jack to lift the tranny

trust me i know
          92 accord dx....traded
          97 accord ex....traded
          93 civic si ....stolen
          96 tercel ....sold
          97 ek hatch b17 ..traded
          97 civic 4door b16 sold
          04 tsx traded ...for a honda coupe (top secret)

Comment

when i had my accord and i did the a6 manifold swap i did the rear mount at the same time......and i think the easiest way is ti simply remove the intake manifold and than replace the rear mount......its not hard at all. and while your at it you mine as well clean your egr ports and egr valve too...

Comment

i actually just changed mine.. i found it very easy after you pull out the motor and tranny..

Comment

Originally posted by Mista Juice
                i actually just changed mine.. i found it very easy after you pull out the motor and tranny..
                dido
                To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

I have a mount waiting to go in and I was afraid I'd have to pull the manifold. Oh well......

Soy can help me.
                  members/ride | the/website
                  180 hp/145 ft-lb

Comment

Working...
                  X