Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

90 EX - No Start / Smoke Problem / Sluggish before stop !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

90 EX - No Start / Smoke Problem / Sluggish before stop !!

Help ! I'm sure there are other threads in cb7 land regarding sluggish engine performance prior to engine not starting or while smoking. I searched and wasn't satisfied so I thought I'd post one of my own.

Have a 90 Accord EX that won't start after she barely got me to work this morning. Live in the southeast having moved from the southwest and driving my honda cross-country. Noticed smoking problem in Tenn and put oil in - burned fast. Made it to new locale and started to notice major smoke and starting-up problems after being here for two weeks now. I live in North Carolina.

Think it might be the throttle body? Think it might be the fuel-oil mixture? what....?????????????????

Love my car.... don't ever wanna get rid of it but for now it's my only ride. need it for work and want to get it fixed. shop labor will kill me. any ideas? would sea foam help? too much moisture out here in the carolinas? send me a shout ..... later.

hey i dont know what is wrong but im selling my car in nc but it needs an engine...but has lots of parts you could use....where at in carolina r u?????

Comment

Am in Charlotte ... love it here !!! where u?

Comment

what color is the smoke, and when does/did it smoke....all the time?
        00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

concord......rite up the road

Comment

what color is the smoke? White
            when does/did it smoke....all the time? Seems to smoke all the time now but now it won't start anymore. Was sluggish on me going to work... pressed the gas pedel and it seemed to want to die out... rpms went up then down and got to work, left her alone all day. went out after work and wouldn't start.

Comment

sounds like you gotta compression problem

Comment

what year is your car? i want to get stuff for mine .... trim and interior stuff.

Comment

dude its a 92 and its got enough shit to start you off the right way....

Comment

and they are the same color....

Comment

compression problem? know any decent hon-doc shops in town? i'm actually in concord too !!! whadda ya know.....

Comment

hey check your messages

Comment

ok ppl this guy needs help talked to him on the phone....he just move to my city...his cars not running to good so lets help this dude out...i think he made need a headgasket but i am not sure so we need some technical informants here come lets make this guy feel like we care here...

Comment

check your coolant, is it normal color and still full? do the same with the oil.
                            FA1

Comment

If its white smoke, and it smoked all the time, thats a good sign of a blown headgasket. Did the engine ever overheat? First thing I'd do is have the cooling system pressure tested, this will tell the truth.
                              00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

Working...
                              X