No announcement yet.

Bore and hone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah, my cars in pretty good shape body wise, the roofs fading a little but i plan to get the molds and inner tails shaved and painted the same color....pewter

i wanted to save to get it kited but my car sits to low already, and our pot holes are terrible here....

i kno we're off topic but hey, i started the thread....
    NEED RAP BEATS.....

www.soundclick.com/akcidentaltrakz

Comment

Yeah, who cares... your question was pretty much answered anyway!

I don't think I'll ever kit my car. I like the stock look. I want to keep it as stock looking as I can, and get as much performance as possible out of it. My long term goal is 400 whp. My short term goal is to just keep it running till I can afford to do the major mods necessary!

Are you planning on boosting your engine, or are you boring and resleeving for a NA setup?

Comment

All that money and they don't assemble the motor? I guess it's not so bad really. So are you going to get new rods at the same time? What kind of increase in displacement will this work get you? Any idea who is going to actually assemble your motor and how much it's going to cost?

Comment

Originally posted by Fearit22
          All that money and they don't assemble the motor? I guess it's not so bad really. So are you going to get new rods at the same time? What kind of increase in displacement will this work get you? Any idea who is going to actually assemble your motor and how much it's going to cost?
          yeap new rods and all come will the deal. all i will have to do is have someone put it on the car (head) and assemble everything else.

yeah, i have 2 close friends who own shops and know there stuff.
          ones my mans shop DAVE auto repair and the others basically known in the auto community...Lucas Performance (yes he's related to the folks who own Lucas oil and whatever)

so yeah i have some folks that can put it together for me and get her running, plan to get her tuned also, im still looking for a good place inmy area for that.

as for boost or NA

earlier i was gona boost, had started to collect my custom turbo set up, but i didnt get this other job i was suppose to so i just sold some of the thing i brought.

but my goal is to make it a 13 and if possible a 12sec cb7 and to get there im gona run juice, thats why im gettin the block sleeve, so it can handle a nice good shot with no problem, i want to beable to hit a 100shot with eaz.. im gettin my nitrous hopefully next month and run a 50shot to be on the safe side, just enuff to get me in the 14's for when the track opens back up this year, then while im chillen with that im a be save up the money for the bottom end work.

over all i want to get it to run low14's if possible high 13's all motor and on the juice (if its running 14's all motor) hit 13's but if its in the high 13's NA, then high 12's off the juice.

NEED RAP BEATS.....

Comment

Nice plan! I'm tryin to stay away from juice, but I like to drive too much. I want my power there all the time. Still, if you can get it to 14 or 13 all motor, that should be plenty of power, and pretty damn respectable!
            I wonder how much it'll cost to get it to 13s, and how reliable it'll be.

Comment

yeah, i want it to run at least 14s all motor, thats good enuff to smoke a car at the light that wanna test me...lol
              but the juice will be for the track, to get me in the 13s or better.
              around the time i get the work done im not really gonna be driven the car but like every weekend, because i plan to get another car because my cb7 now......will not pass emissions here....lol

but yeah running 14's or better all motor is cool with me, but i want to hit the 13s or lower at the track to make me look good....lol
              NEED RAP BEATS.....

Comment

great plan mon,

I am hoping to built up my f22 for turbo for street and nitrous at the track and aim to break into the 13's also. but right now I just need to get my car up and running through the winter and save up for the build up. maybe me and you can get a discount from eagle performance if we buy togther or have a small group buy. I'm planning to get piston, sleves and arp bolt, keeping the stock crank and rod since they can handle 300+hp, and get them shotped, balance and freeze..

let me know which shop u end up going so I can bring my car there also...
                90 Accord Coupe LX, Stock JDM H22A Engine 10.6:1 - Stock Automatic LSD MPA1 Trans, JDM P13 Auto ECU + JDM P19 TCU. Tune with Greddy E-Manage Ultimate
                < 317WHP/227WTQ@11psi> B/W S256 turbo, Daily Driving on 93 pump gas - since 2006. Driving Turbocharged CB7 Accord since 2002.

Comment

You should be able to hit high 13's on motor fairly easily. I may end up getting some stuff there because I'm still trying to plan my turbo set up for this summer.

Comment

cool Blaz, u right we might can get a discount if more are interested, but im not planning to get mines done til middle of summer but u kno ill let u know when
                    NEED RAP BEATS.....

Comment

Does your engine need to be sleeved? Sleeving is for when the engine block cannot be bored to the next size piston. I'm not sure if these engines can be bored to a next size, just don't know, haven't checked. When a block is bored the hone proccess will surface the bore with a cross hatch patteren to seat the rings. Bore and hone will happen regardless if you get the engine sleeved or not. If the clylinders are still in tolerance, then you just need the hone for the new rings to seat and you can use your same pistons. O-ringing the engine is good for tuboed or NOS cars.

Sounds like this place does a thier standard engine job regardless of if it really needs it. Makes it easier and cheaper for them having a set procedure for all engines.

Are these people local, shop around if you can and get a feel for what shops are charging for what you want done.

EGR Port Cleaning http://home.comcast.net/~em-engineering/T2T013.pdf

Comment

14s all motor
                        can u explain that to me

Comment

Really?

It means running the 1/4 mile in the 14 second range (basically 14.00-14.99, though the lower range is usually implied). All motor means that he won't be using any kind of forced induction, like turbo, supercharging, or nitrous.

If that's not what you meant, then I explained that for nothing

theone, are you running an F22A at 15 seconds now?

Comment

oh ok thx lol

i got the all motor part tho

Comment

yes it can be sleeved.
                              the basis of sleeving is reinforcing the cylinders (thats what i got from it)
                              our block is aluminum, so sleeving is making the block steel (i think thats the metal, not sure)

and doing this allows u to run more boost (if doing turbo) or more nitrous
                              so like stock (if ur running boost) u might get a way with 6-maybe even 9 pounds of boost.
                              sleeving it, u can run anywhere from 6-15 and up pounds of boost with kno problem
                              NEED RAP BEATS.....

Comment

Originally posted by Deevergote
                                Really?

It means running the 1/4 mile in the 14 second range (basically 14.00-14.99, though the lower range is usually implied). All motor means that he won't be using any kind of forced induction, like turbo, supercharging, or nitrous.

If that's not what you meant, then I explained that for nothing

theone, are you running an F22A at 15 seconds now?
                                yeah running low 15's now...all motor,
                                NEED RAP BEATS.....

Comment

Working...
                                X