Bore and hone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bore and hone

can someone explain this to me, the process.

i talked to golden eagle and they said they will sleeve my block, add 0-rings if needed, bore and hone the block and put Arias pistons in when im ready to send it to them.

i know what bore is but not sure bout horn, i just want to know my stuff u kno. i heard it being used before but did really understand it.

thanks
    NEED RAP BEATS.....

www.soundclick.com/akcidentaltrakz

I have no idea what any of that is im dumb heh On that pic u got another pic of ur tail lights they look sweet

Comment

this is what an online dictonary says :
      1. A fine-grained whetstone for giving a keen edge to a cutting tool.
      2. A tool with a rotating abrasive tip for enlarging holes to precise dimensions.

tr.v. honed, hon·ing, hones
      3. To sharpen on a fine-grained whetstone.
      4.To perfect or make more intense or effective: a speaker who honed her delivery by long practice.

Comment

Theone: let's say you have an engine bored 0.020"....they'll bore it out like 0.015" then hone the rest to get a nice 0.020" finish.

honing is the final touch in the process of enlargin or getting your cylinders to spec.

In dropping the sleeves they'll have to prolly bore & hone it to exact dimensions for a nice fit, then depending on what size the sleeves are....they'll have to bore or maybe just hone them to exact 85mm or whatever spec ur going with for ur Arias pistons to fit
        HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

ok i gotcha. so basically gettin it back to spec.

got it now, thanks for the help folks
          cant wait to get this done
          NEED RAP BEATS.....

Comment

The honing process is done to ensure exact roundness of the cylinder bore(diameter), which in turn ensures that the clearance between the rings and the cylinder walls are with in .005" to .008".
            My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

boring gets you in the ballpark, honing dials it in

Comment

hey i see one word out of both.......well 2.....

MORE POWER.......lol
                NEED RAP BEATS.....

Comment

Originally posted by theone
                  hey i see one word out of both.......well 2.....

MORE POWER.......lol
                  depends on how far u go with it...

Comment

theone, how much are you looking at to do all this? I'm looking to sleeve and bore my engine, but I have no idea what it will cost.

Comment

hm...golden eagle said they will bore and hone my block for an extra 125bux
                      for sleeving 89mm its 950bux
                      and the pistons and stuff 500bux

all together they said they can do it for 1,516bux...discount sense im gettin so much stuff done
                      NEED RAP BEATS.....

Comment

heres the email they sent me:

To get your F22 block sleeved up to 89 mm will run you $950.
                        To get your F22 block sleeved up to 91 mm ( for all-motor ONLY ) will
                        run you $1050.
                        This includes putting our new "HD" series sleeves into your block, cleaning
                        and decking - Two Options: If nothing is specified about the deck when we
                        receive the block, it will be decked to our standards with no o-ring.
                        1. step deck which is usually for block that do not have enough room for
                        an o-ring due to large bores. It is our "STANDARD"
                        2. O-ring - which we like to put on all motors if possible. Works great
                        on turbo or NOS cars. ( $50 additional charge )

Remember, we use all CNC equipment to do the sleeving portion
                        of the operation so no one can touch us when it comes to quality,
                        craftsmanship, tolerances and turn-around. NO ONE!! Plus, our blocks
                        get pressure tested before they leave to ensure a perfect block every time!
                        Quality and reliability are always our top concerns. Turn around time is
                        approx. 10 - 15 working days.

We can bore and hone your block but this process is an additional
                        $125.00, adds 3 - 5 days to the turn around time and we need the pistons
                        in order to get the process done. We can get you ARIAS pistons for $515.00 .
                        Just tell us what your compression preferences are? If you buy the combo
                        block sleeve, pistons and bore & hone then we can knock your total for the
                        job to $1516.00.( a savings of $109 ) Then all you need is someone to
                        assemble your motor and your off with a lot more reliable power than you
                        had!!! ( price based on shelf stock pistons. Custom pistons slightly higher! )
                        NEED RAP BEATS.....

Comment

Wow... that's a lot of money... But worth it, i guess! That's a lot of work, as well!

So, 1500 roughly for the block, probably at least that much for head work... Man, I have a long way to go!

Thanks!

Comment

yeah, i can get it done in like a month but i got bills and a family so basically i save up money for it.
                            i do this thing call a knot....its basically money for my car (big things i want to get done for it, like this)

so i should have this done around next fall sometime
                            NEED RAP BEATS.....

Comment

Yeah, that's pretty much how I saved for my swap. I put money aside every week (well, every shift, I'm a waiter, so I get cash when I work). I made envelopes for each of my bills, one for my engine, and allowed myself like $50 to spend for the week. Whatever I didn't spend went to the car.

Of course, my tranny started to go, so I had to borrow from my mom to get the swap done sooner than expected... But the system still worked! And it's paid for now, so it's cool.

If I ever yank the motor to get it worked on like that (I plan to) I'll probably have a buttload of body work done to my car as well... It's in pretty bad shape cosmetically!

Comment

Working...
                              X