cel code 12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cel code 12

I posted this a while back but I am still stumped. My 92 check engine light is throwing a code 12 .EGR
    So I had the egr ports cleaned, the cat was bad so I replaced it , and I swaped out egr valves . The car runs/idels great. but that pesky cel is driving me nuts.
    SO my question who has run across this and how did you solve it?

Did you use throttle body cleaner (carb cleaner)? Sometimes you need to spray it out really well and drive the piss out of it to get it all back to normal. Try doing that, resetting your ecu, should fix things.. you've done everything else, i'm assuming it was done properly and all lines are hooked up :P

Comment

Thanks I'll give it a try. I'll post results

Comment

Yeah, either you didn't clean the ports good enough or the EGR solenoid itself may be bad...not very common but it does happen from time to time. Its located in the emissions box on the firewall.
        00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

Thanks mrhonda, I 'm thinking that too. I picked up a used emmision box , and will give that a try.... stay tuned

Comment

Ok looks like the code 12 is gone!!!!
            I bought a used emmision box for 16.00 shiped to me (score) I was going to swap the egr solinoid and see what happens, but I decided to just swap out the whole box. I figured if it still poped a code 12 then it wasn't the problem, if it threw out another code I would just remove it and swap out the solinoid.
            swaped it drove it and no code .

Comment

Working...
            X