transmission ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

transmission ???

im pretty positive aftermarket clutches and flywheels are the same for both the accord and prelude right? im planning on buying a aftermarket 6puck clutch and lighter flywheel for my stock transmission for the time being, but plan on buying either an h23 or h22 tranny later on and wanted to know if i could swap over the clutch and flywheel? another thing is, my car is goin to be directed towards 1/4 mile racing but also used for daily drivin, would it be best to go h23 or h22? and exactly how much more gas is being burned by the h22, is it really going to be that significant of a lose? and what flywheel weight is goin to be the best? i was leaning towards the 8 or 8.5lb fidanza flywheel but thought it might be to light? any help/advice/opinions are greatly appreciated.. thanks.

All the accord and prelude clutches and flywheel are the same. They will work with any tranny from that family. If you are looking for a clutch and flywheel that is good for daily driving my personal opinion is that you should stay away from the 8lbs flywheels. They need too much revving to pull off from stop lights. The combo that i am running now is an ACT streetlite flywheel with a ACT HD clutch and Organic disc on a turbo F22b. Im looking to install some cams soon I will be going with a six pluck soon. But the Organic disc ACT sells is rated for 278 lb-ft of torque and it has a very smooth engagement.

Comment

so ill go with a prelude clutch with the stock accord tranny for ahwile(sorry dont know codes) and then hopefully purchase an h23 tranny, so you suggest around a 10lb flywheel? thanks for all the info

Comment

Don't buy the 8lb-er, that's for sure, our cars are too heavy.

And don't buy chromoly (sp?), they will eventually blow up, stick with aluminum.

Cocoa Beach... hmmm, spent a lot of summers there as a kid.
        Bart: What's your name?
        Jim: Well, my name is Jim, but most people call me... Jim.

Comment

yah i was definantly lookin at aluminum only and was quite interested in the fidanza but idk...

yah cocoa beach is still the place to be during the summer

Comment

To pull off from a complete stop in our cars with the 8lbs flywheel require revs around 2k-3k rpms. Not ideal for people who have major cop patrol. Also it is a torque robber, which is something hondas definitely don't need.

Comment

yah i knew itd be robbing some torque =( and honestly what can a cop do just for revving?

Comment

all sorts of crazy shit if he want's to be a complete ass. He can claim shit like "Exhibition of acceleration" and "noise polution" and stuff like that. Even if you weren't doing anything wrong. Cops around here are freaking assholes sometimes.
                2DAO (2 Door Accord Owner)
                JDM H22 DOHC 200/161 2.2L
                My members ride: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=20385

Comment

Depends on the jurisdiction, cops around could care less.
                  Bart: What's your name?
                  Jim: Well, my name is Jim, but most people call me... Jim.

Comment

get the H22 tranny if ur looking for 1/4 mile time (shorter gearing), assuming ur NA. The H23 tranny is geared like the accord. Also i just put in the same clutch and flywheel as Acclipse H23, and its really good. Good pedal feel, engages quickly, chirpin the tires goin into 4th, but still street drivable. U get what u pay for.

Comment

Originally posted by H22_EXR
                      get the H22 tranny if ur looking for 1/4 mile time (shorter gearing), assuming ur NA. The H23 tranny is geared like the accord. Also i just put in the same clutch and flywheel as Acclipse H23, and its really good. Good pedal feel, engages quickly, chirpin the tires goin into 4th, but still street drivable. U get what u pay for.
                      Well said. I am just going to go a little further and say, H23 tranny if you are gonna boost, H22 tranny if you're staying N/A. Longer gears allow you to hold boost longer.

P.S. I live in Queens and the cops over here are real assholes. They follow me for blocks at a time. I really dont need to give them anymore reason to pull me over.

Comment

yah im mos def boostin the f22b around october, what are the differences between the f22 and h23 tranny? if they both have the same gear lengths ill go with which ever one i find cheaper...what about the jdm f22b tranny, the code is m2j5, whats it like?

Comment

This is not a post to sway anybody in any direction, but I gotta get this out there. As a rule of thumb, the bigger and heavier a flywheel is, the more heat it can disperse. I'm not sure if this applies to aluminum as well, but aluminum, I wouldn't think, lasts as long because it can't really endure many repeated hard launches. It may be rated to last a long time, but time and pressure act much more quickly on aluminum than almost any other alloy.
                          This is what i gathered some time ago, so naturally I'm probably inaccurate somewhere. Please correct me wherever that is.
                          Fix your Computer!

Originally posted by MikeW
                          D, I'm a fanciful motherfucker. My ish is clean, quick, plush, mature and sophisticated.

┌─┐
                          ┴─┴
                          ಠ_ರೃ

Comment

Yes the cops are indeed complete assholes too bad they can never catch a criminal

Comment

Working...
                            X