you people with 93 EX's.. A/C problem!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rebels
    i may.. my car is kinda ghetto right now. no rear window trim, rear bumper is ghetto rigged on.. ready for the new one. i'll try to make it.

aiighty, we'll keep ya posted, sure we'll have a thread about it in advance. All our cars are works in progres'... its all good

Comment

Hey rebels....Granite tells me you are having a hard time trying to find a Hadsys. Ok, what I've noticed is the Hadsys seemed to be more commonly used on the earlier CBs in 90 and some 91's regaurdless of trim level or country of origin. The Densos are definately more common and easier to come by tho. Another problem to be thrown in the mix is the A/C lines on the earlier cars were different than the later ones even if the compressors are the same. I just realized this when I replaced the A/C in my 90 Accord. If you can find one, I would try to stick with the Hadsys, if anything I think they may be a little more durable than the Denso. Example; my buddy I work with has a 90 Accord with a little over 400K miles, original engine/trans and Hadsys A/C compressor.

Tell you what, I'll talk to the parts guys tomorrow when I get to work and I'll see what I can find out and try to get you some soild answers. Right now I can only speak on my own personal experience and observations.
      Last edited by mrhonda; 06-21-2005, 11:09 PM.
      00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

yo thanks for the long reply.. i thought at first it was 90/91 were different from 92/93.. and ex was different from lx/dx. they may be.. but im having a hell of a time finding a line for mine.

they are all for the other compressor.
        Adam - Retired OG member from '03
        2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
        2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
        2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

Comment

mrhonda-thanks for the input, you def. have more experience than I do so your opinion/facts are important! Thanks again

Adam-let us know how you made out w/ the "Hunt for Hadsys"

Dan

Comment

hey dan, didn't you say you had the line i need for sale? if so, give me a price and you'll be paypal'd tonight.

it's fucking hot as hell out today and the junk yard had all the other lines, and not the one i need.. figures.

pm me!

Comment

yo rebels did you get my email?? i sent you the pic's sorry it took so long
              Last edited by Raceboy; 06-24-2005, 02:10 PM.
              CiRcuS kiNgZ

Comment

yeah, thanks man. im gonna resize them a little so i can see which angles they're coming from.

also, it looks like a 5th gen accord a/c compressor..

Comment

nah dude i have a fifth gen f22b1 but thats the compessor off my f22a1 i just swapped it over
                  CiRcuS kiNgZ

Comment

I really can't believe that you couldn't locate a Hadsys compressor and lines! Maybe instead of donating my A/C stuff to my fav. junkyard (w/ loads of cb7's, of course) maybe I'll sell the A/C stuff on eBay and call it 100% JDM Mugen CB3 A/C system! I don't know

Adam, we're already discussing the details, sorry I didn't see this before you PM'd me.

Also, shouldn't this thread go to the Technical section? This info may be helpful to others, just my thought

Dan

Comment

we're discussing the stuff via PM's.. but i moved the thread to technical and renamed it a bit.

Comment

Well I didn't learn too much from the parts dept guys....everything is pretty much looked up by VIN. Any luck on your quest for parts?
                        00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

I'll speak for Adam since he just logged off. I guess he had no luck finding a Hadsys equipped CB7, so since I just removed my A/C off my 93 EX, I'm sending him my Hadsys compressor-condensor line. Thank you for further researching it though mrhonda

Dan

Comment

Granite CB7, I apprecaite you sending me the line.

I just found out today my god damn fucking A/C compressor is dead.. so now I have to go to a junk yard or find someone who can over night me it (well receive it on Saturday) since I am driving to Ohio.

So basically me searching for months for the damn A/C line did me no good.. FUCK!

Comment

Originally posted by rebels
                              Granite CB7, I apprecaite you sending me the line.

I just found out today my god damn fucking A/C compressor is dead.. so now I have to go to a junk yard or find someone who can over night me it (well receive it on Saturday) since I am driving to Ohio.

So basically me searching for months for the damn A/C line did me no good.. FUCK!
                              Adam, I'm very sorry to hear that! I can't believe all the time you've put in trying to find just that one line and now it's the comp. that's bad. Geez!

Well, we do/did have the same compressor (Hadsys) and I donated my A/C parts to my local junkyard, so, I'm not sure if they'd give it back to me and then I could send it out to you!? Let me know and try to see what I can come up w/!

Dan

Actually, how do you know the comp. is bad? Just checking.

Comment

We tried to turn it over, just like you would on the crank pulley. It's completely locked up. The guy I was working with is a mechanic and this is very weird that we didn't check it at first.

So, I definitely need a Hadsys compressor.

Comment

Working...
                                X