Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you lock your car when you get out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you lock your car when you get out?

Reading one thread, people were saying that you cant lock the drivers door from the inside when the door is open. Another said his girlfriend waits till he gets out and then locks the car from the passenger side.

I've never really seen how people lock their doors so I am curious.

What I do to by pass that lock-yourself-out feature is as I go to get out of the car, and you have the inside driver door handle pulled out, hit the lock button and that will allow you to lock the driver door from the inside with the door open.

Understand what I am saying?

Originally posted by do0dfromcali
    Reading one thread, people were saying that you cant lock the drivers door from the inside when the door is open. Another said his girlfriend waits till he gets out and then locks the car from the passenger side.

What I do to by pass that lock-yourself-out feature is as I go to get out of the car, and you have the inside driver door handle pulled out, hit the lock button and that will allow you to lock the driver door from the inside with the door open.

i did the same when i had my accord, and i still do that on my civic.....i think 90% of the people on here do it that way too. but we'll see. just make sure u take your keys out ..lol.

Comment

Remote.. woot.

Comment

Pull one of the handles, inside or out and while holding I push down on the lock for now, going remote!

WaC!

Comment

I always locked the drivers door with a key from the outside, which locked all the doors. No way to lock your keys in =
          -Jay

Comment

I close the doors and lock it with the key. Both the passenger and drivers doors lock simulateously....

Comment

id just hold the door handle and lock it

but i do have keyless entry, its great!
              What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Originally posted by FushigiRES
                I close the doors and lock it with the key. Both the passenger and drivers doors lock simulateously....
                Mine doesnt do that

But I am going to install a remote system into my whip. I finally got fed up over winter when I had to carry a mini butane torch with me to heat up the locks when they froze

Comment

yea i installed remote start on mine as well, i like it...
                  What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Mine locks automatically after 15 seconds... alarms are wonderful things if you have power door locks.

"Sticker this, censor this, ban this
                    We got something to say!
                    Police this, condemn this, damn this
                    We'll be heard anyway!
                    Middle finger is the flag that I wave when I'm silenced!" - MuDvAyNe, "Silenced"

Comment

Before I fixed my power door lock malfunction, I had to lock each door individually when there were passengers in the car. Now, the key is used at the drivers door to lock all doors. To bad my factory keyless entry stopped working, but the factory alarm is still good.

Comment

my alarm system locks the dorrs for me. sucks if the keys are in the car. the dealership has locked the keys in the car and i did recently like yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by do0dfromcali

really? damn i gotta try that... ill make sure the key is in my hand..
                          http://www.get-gifts-for-free.com/?ref_id=4810

1992 Honda Accord 4dr 5spd EX- R.I.P 8/10/05

Comment

yes, i like and i myself, do the lock outside cuz it locks EVERYTHING and I can visually see all the locks go down, as well as prevent my key from going inside.

i dont really like remote entry as i have keys to 4-5 cars on me. sometimes while working on things, and what not around teh area, the buttons tend to mistakenly get pushed. and plus, i like KEYS cuz i can just toss them w/o worrying something will break and all that scenario.
                            hahahahah

Comment

alarm for me...

Thanks to Ronald for the great picture.

__________________________________________________ _______________________

www.vancouveraccords.com
                              www.esodraggers.com

Comment

Working...
                              X