PLEASE HELP with engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PLEASE HELP with engine

ok me dad bought me a replacement engine for my 90 accord lx, yes it had a f22a1 engine but thats dead, and i have one now and dont know wat engine it is, i know it has the extra 4 holes in the intake plenum, but the wiring harness didnt come wit the engine, so i was wondering if its not a f22a1, then it might be a a4 or a6 but wat i really want to know will my A1 harness and ecu work right with this A4-A6 motor,please help we droppes it in already just need that info to get the accord to live again!!!!!!!!! your help and replys are greatly appreciated, thanks guys
    im rockin the jdm all stock, cmon be original bitshes!!!

Mc Donalds/Orlando meet 7/23/05

teh bump

bumpity bump bump

Comment

it should just say on the block right to the left of the header. and i think all the a1 a4 and a6 ecu's should run it

Comment

Those 4 extra holes on the plenum, those are the secondary butterflies that were featured on the f22a6, so maybe you've got one of those I know the EX ecu (PT6) is alittle bit different from the other a1/a4 ecu (PT3, I think a1/a4 are the same). Lets say you do have the a6, to get the full effect, you'd need the PT6, but the PT3 will run it anyways. Good luck and let us know how it goes

Dan

Comment

thanks

yeah i opened up the plenum and it haf the xtra butterflies, i just wanted to know cuz i wanna get it runnig today, and if i use the a1 ecu will it have a effect on the performance? or can i hook up the wiring to the ecu by the pins or sumthin,or have sum of u guys left the butterflies wide open? thanks for your replys and your help is greatly appreciated

Comment

bump

Comment

Alright, so you do have the f22a6 then? Like I said, the ecu (PT3) you have now will work on the f22a6. The PT6 ecu would work best. There are differences between the 2 ecu's, but theres been alot of different things said:

PT6:Higher Rev Limit (supposedly 6800, but some could pull 7200), Higher/No Speed Limiter (supposedly 130, but some have gone way above that), Allows for more fuel pressure (4 psi I believe), Slightly richer fuel maps, obviously IAB (intake air bypass, secondaries). This ecu is diff. b/c the f22a6 features a slightly more aggressive cam/head, IAB, 4-2-1 manifold, and a few other small things.

Hope that helps, and if you want your IAB to work w/o the PT6, you can simply have it vacuum operated only and it'll open slightly earlier. That, or you'd need the IAB soleniod and something about pin A17 (haven't researched it much b/c I have a 93 EX (f22a6) already). Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong, and if I left any major things out!

Dan

Comment

hmmmmmmmmmmm

bumpfor great replys, any other suggestions guys?

Comment

how can i have it vacuum operated?????????

Comment

bump

Comment

Working...
                    X