Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

kinda urgent, help on AT fluid change in 90 ex.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kinda urgent, help on AT fluid change in 90 ex.

yes, i did search and what not.

the situations is, i had a REALLY tough time using the 3/8" ratchet on the bolt on. i d k what it is, people say and even the haynes say that a ratchet bolts directly to the drain plug? i don't even know if the bolt was the at bolt, but it sure felt like it and seemed like it.

i jacked the car up on passenger way up and even tried turned the wheels to the right and i was able to see the bolt, i tried the cresent ratchwrench and sears none would fit in w force. what's worse is, taking it out was super hard. because of an emergency i was not able to even do the flush. i had to force my way out again, the suspension was in the way,

right now, the bolt is not tight, just hand fitted. perhaps someone an give some suggstions or what not.

did both sides of the car need to go up? etc etc.

thanks..
    hahahahah

i had the same problem. i put the 3/8" exhtensions and removed the wheel so i can get easier access to it. i used a 4ft of pipe on the ratchet to undo the bolt then kinda hand tightened it. to make the extension fit on the bolt i needed to tap it a bit in the bolt. i sugest losening the tranny bolt with the tranny cold. it comes out a lot easier.

Comment

oh man. just an update. i parked it up in my driveway a bit to move the cb7 away to work on later, but i was kinda Pissed and etc. well it was a tiny slant, maybe 1-2 degrees. but i was ABLE to use a 3/8". NO JACKING up. what a waste to even jack up the car. maybe cuz i didn't know where it was earilier, but oh wel..

i tried using just the 3/8 in the begining but maybe the ground was too flat or something. anyhow im able to easily looseng and torque it. i'll have to torque super hard though so it doesn't leak, cuz the angle.

thanks..

also, how do u ck the ATF, as long its between the cross hatch right? but hows the temp of car? running hot? cold?

thanks.
      Last edited by FishyMan; 06-16-2005, 04:06 PM.
      hahahahah

Comment

Working...
      X