Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

cant find the automatic transmission dipstick ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cant find the automatic transmission dipstick ??

my 90 accord transmission has been slippin out of gear for the past few days now and i think it might be low on transmission fluid and i went to check it but i dont see the dip stick for it i tought it was just me and i called my mom over cuz she knows alot about transmissions and such and she looked andshe didnt see it either maybe we were lookin in the wrong spot but someone tell me where the dipstick is thanks

get sponsored

its on the left of the engine bay. I think the thing you pull is Orange but it might be yellow. Get under the hood and look! it's should be right there.

Comment

thats where we both looked then she said that maybe who ever had the car b4 me took it up and never put it bak in i need to get transmissin fluid where would i put that in at

get sponsored

Comment

if i can remember right its passenger side but lower to the front...almost a pain to get to....they are under the two metal lines that lead to your radiator....
        . . .93 Ex F2.0A Si. . .
        WiredMotorSports
        [[-]] (()) [[\]] [[)) //\\

Comment

same spot with a long neck funnel...
          . . .93 Ex F2.0A Si. . .
          WiredMotorSports

Comment

ok yea i found it and i need fluid can i do that my self or do i have to take it to a shop

get sponsored

Comment

just do it yourself..

Comment

don't worry.. just do it urself and honda atf.
                hahahahah

Comment

ok ill do it my self but do i have to flush out the tranny and how would i do that

get sponsored

Comment

hmm well, imho

i'd buy about 7 quarts or whatever, and do a REFILL/DRAIN procedure. it's kind of like fill it to correct level, drain it in pan (not all) bout 2 quarts.

1) drain (don't drain EVERYTHING)
                    2) refill (tighten back bolt on and etc etc.)
                    3) move lever from P- D1
                    4) repeat steps 1 and 2.

ur supposed to do it in increments. im gonna do it, then drive it for like a week, then repeat it since after it heats up, it'll be better.

or u can warm up ur car a bit, but careful of hot flulid
                    hahahahah

Comment

Yeah, a drain and refill is about 2.5 quarts. Drain out the old trans fluid, and refill with 2.5 quarts of Honda ATF. If the old trans fluid looks really dark, drive around for a day or two and drain and refill it again.
                      00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

honda charges you about $40 to do a flush...i went to honda a while back

Originally posted by fizzbob7
                        first off, don't be a sissy bitch.....that's what you're being
                        Originally posted by ACC0RD22
                        no need to get sand in your vagina over this guys.
                        So. Cal OUTLAWZ

Comment

In case you dont know where to drain it at on the passenger side there is a round quarter sized bolt that uses a standard ratchet (use extention) to take this plug out and its all good...
                          . . .93 Ex F2.0A Si. . .
                          WiredMotorSports

Comment

i usually undo the tranny hoses and put some clear lines on them and start the engine. i see which one spills the oil out and leave that in a bucket, and on the other one i put a funnel and start adding fluid, then i take the car thru all the gears. worked on my integra, never did it on my accord (and i used 9 quarts)

Comment

Working...
                            X