Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine Troubles after adding fuel cleaner

Hey guys,

I had a weird problem where I added some injector cleaner into my tank before I fueled up and now the car is running strangely. The engine is much quieter as well as the engine seems to be producing much less power. Does this sound much more like transaxle problems possibly the transaxle or torque converter crapping out? Or does this sound more like timming issue? I had to adjust the idle a while ago.

Thanks for any help you offer. Mahalo -Coyote

aloha bra, hows it? You might want to replace your fuel filter, some cleaners can lossen up particles that will clog an "old" filter give it a try let me know how it works out

Comment

hello

what rotors are u running? and do u know where i can get some HONDA OEM rotors for cheap? or aftermarkets?

thanks.
      hahahahah

Comment

Originally posted by FishyMan
        hello

what rotors are u running? and do u know where i can get some HONDA OEM rotors for cheap? or aftermarkets?

thanks.
        WTF are you high?! Where did THAT come from?

"Sticker this, censor this, ban this
        We got something to say!
        Police this, condemn this, damn this
        We'll be heard anyway!
        Middle finger is the flag that I wave when I'm silenced!" - MuDvAyNe, "Silenced"

Comment

Originally posted by FishyMan
          hello

thanks.

Comment

I read that over and over trying to figure that out, I thought maybe he meant to post in another thread...then I saw where he's from..... He asked where he can buy parts, so maybe a better way he could say it is
            "Hi I'm in hawaii also, where can we buy parts down here?"
            Or maybe he is high

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
            where you been, is something wrong?
            i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

was just a quick comment, no big deal, my bad for mis-rep. didn't mean to hi-jack, and we've talked b4 in PM, i believe. oh well ...
              Last edited by FishyMan; 06-12-2005, 03:14 AM.
              hahahahah

Comment

Rotors

As far as I'm aware the rotors as factory stock, I don't know of any of the speed shops around Oahu. I can barely afford the repairs on my car at this point and it's kind of depressing. Usually I just search around for somebody online that doesn't try to screw me over on S&H charges. Thanks for the question though.

Comment

dude i feel ya. cuz buyin everything and anything sucks..cuz the island limits us to everything..

same boat w/ the money thing.
                  hahahahah

Comment

bro, did you figuer it out ?,( the loss of power)

Comment

Yeah, the car was on the Ewa side and I live on the north shore. My tools stay where I stay... In short I had to run back home and grab my tools. (Had to wait until after finals) Replaced the fuel filter, and then engine runs much better. However the power put to the road is now only half as anemic. It's a idle induced issue, because the car runs happily under cold idle conditions. Once it kicks back to hot idle conditions the acceleration is quite linear. Bad for the street but really uncomfortable on the H-2. Any ideas would be helpful, I've yet to crack my factory service manual for this issue. Still not feeling so great =P.

Mahalo -Coyote

Comment

what cleaner did you use? maybe after running back on regular stuff your car would be okay?
                        hahahahah

Comment

Is your check engine light on? Last time you gave it a tune up?

Comment

I'm getting the idea that this may wear off with the end of this tank. The car now runs quite well over 15 MPH. It might as well be idling prior to that.

I used STP Fuel System Treatment. However, after reading the packaging afterward. I noticed that I added it in the incorrect order. Dumping the fuel treatment in before the fuel. I doubt this has too much to do with it's current running.

Timming, could be an issue. I'll have to see if a friend of mine will loan me his timing light.

Comment

You probably increased the octane, causing the engine to run smoother and quieter, but produce less power.
                              -Jay

Comment

Working...
                              X