Replacing Undercrank Pulley?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacing Undercrank Pulley?

My 90 coupe bit the dust about a year ago and its just been sitting in my mother inlaws driveway since then. The undercrank pulley broke and is in there wobbling around. The car will still start but the noise is so bad from it hitting the walls that I wont turn it on. How hard is it to replace that thing? Do I have to take the engine out or can I get to it from taking the drivers wheel off and going thru the plastic protection stuff? Any help is appreciated.

Are you talking about the crankshaft pulley? Also called the harmonic balancer if your a chevy guy? Its fairly easy if you have the right tools. There is a special tool to hold the pulley in place while you loosen the nut (19mm). Check in the DIY forums for timing belt replacement, removing that is one of the steps and it'll show you what tool to use and how it comes off.

"Sticker this, censor this, ban this
    We got something to say!
    Police this, condemn this, damn this
    We'll be heard anyway!
    Middle finger is the flag that I wave when I'm silenced!" - MuDvAyNe, "Silenced"

Comment

Thanks I'll check it out. Its been sitting for about a year about time I did something with it.

Comment

your going to have to lower your engine a bit, and most likely reset your timing alignments. i didnt have that special tool so it was a PITA to remove and so are the timing alignments, good luck.

Comment

Working...
        X