X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

weapon r throttle rotor

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=38634

opinions please...

increases how fast it takes your car to get to full throttle...interesting anybody have one that could give us a review?
    My Ride17.34 @ 78mph with 260k on her

Comment

IMO, its added stress onto your throttle cable. the throttle cable should have some type of flack, and by adding this on, causes the it to become too tight.
      5.6L V8 32V DOHC
      JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

I may have to be the one to try this is noone else has =)

Comment

couldn't you accomplish the same thing by just tightning the nuts on the throttle cable? (don't know exactly what they are called)

Comment

My friend has one of those on his '97 lude, and personally, I don't like the throttle response, and yes it does put waaaaaay too much stress on the throttle cable, and on top of that, it is hard to push the accelerator pedal, and sometimes the throttle gets stuck. IMO its a waste of money!
            1991 Honda Accord Ex
            Pics of the beast!

::::198.4 WHP and 146.6 WTQ Currently weighing in at 2700lbs...best time: 14.8@92mph::::

2003 BMW 330I Sport.....Daily Hustler....

Road Race #1
            Totoro Squad #2

Comment

I see a whole bunch of theorizing and "my friend" stories about it...

how about a firsthand impression...

I have one and I like it... basically it increases the diameter of the throttle rotor so that you open the butterfly more with less pedal movement... in effect you reach WOT with less pedal travel...ut does take a bit of getting used to at first but it's a good little mod IMO...

If you have a crudded up TB butterfly it will cause a sticky throttle... but that's more of an issue with the TB and not the rotor... just making an existing problem more noticeable...

So if you put one on your old stock TB make sure it's clean...

Tightening the throttle cable does not have the same effect at all... and I've been running with mine on for years now and there are no issues with the throttle cable at all...

I'd buy one again in a heartbeat... it isn't a real performance mod but it is a driveability type mod that makes it more enjoyable to drive...

Theorize all you want... and feel free to include friend of a friend stories to "back it up"...

but try one for a week or so and then post what you think...
              RIP Lifsatrip7

Comment

Im the "MY FRIEND" with the 97 prelude and I thought it was alright once i got better throttle response. Mine sticks so i guess i should clean that out
                Last edited by prtplshdH22A; 06-15-2005, 12:19 PM.
                Euro R - 97 prelude

:0 dyno' results

JUN ECU - 174HP 143TQ stock

Totoro squad # 3

Comment

Fast93Accord has one. Hes the first person i've seen with that.
                  I asked him and he said its pretty good, just like
                  ZingenBallZ explained.
                  Good little mod.

Comment

I thought about getting one a few years ago, but then i figured if i wanted to go faster, i would just step on the gas more. However im glad to hear that it works pretty well.

Comment

I have one, and I have to say, once I got used to it, I like the added pressure on the pedal, it doesn't feel so mushy.

But don't think it makes you any faster, it just feels better.

Is it worth twenty bucks? Sure, why not. In fact, for fifteen, you can have mine, I got a new car.
                      -Jay

Comment

hey guys i dont think 'throttle response time' is solely dedicated to how fast your tb valve can open, its probably the last.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                        "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                        "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Working...
                        X