Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grinding/Rubbing/Metallic Noise around Corners

Hi all,

I pulled out the car today and I noticed when I go around right hand corners at above 15 mph or so, I notice a grinding/rubbing metallic noise coming from my front wheel. It feels more when there's weight transfer with the car...like as the weight shifts to that wheel it grinds.

However, I also noticed that the brakes are making a little noise and a slight grind when I come to a stop when I'm not actually slamming on the brakes. Could it be possible that the pads have slipped? I had the brakes done about a year ago, however, I haven't put a lot of miles on the car since then (probably about 7-8K). I'm also wondering if maybe a shield or something is hitting. I haven't removed the wheel yet to look. Is this a common problem, or something that is correctable by myself. I know its nearly impossible to work on stock Accord brakes without special tools, so I'm just looking for a little info before I got to a shop about this.

if it was the brake shield then you will here the noise eveytime you are driving not just when you brake so i doubt it'll be that...metallic pads make that grinding sound though...it might be that.

Originally posted by fizzbob7
    first off, don't be a sissy bitch.....that's what you're being
    Originally posted by ACC0RD22
    no need to get sand in your vagina over this guys.
    So. Cal OUTLAWZ

Comment

Its just that I hear the grinding ONLY when I take a right hand turn. I'm just saying my brakes make noise in general. But its the grinding around the corner that bothers me. I'm not saying its a brake issue, I'm just thinking its related to the pads maybe.

Comment

could it be a wheel bearing?

Formerly 91AccordExR33
        11.68 @ 127mph
        417whp/375wtq
        Sold: 8/2016

Comment

I had the wheel bearings done when I had the brakes done. My pads are making noise as well. Could the pads slip? What gets me tho is the actual noise I'm complaining about only happens around corners, when there's a weight transfer putting more weight on that front wheel.

Comment

i actually searched this becasue im having the same issue when making right turns and im just going to buy an energy suspension master kit and put all of them on and i believe that will fix the noise. Im pretty sure this noise is coming from the spring isolator but im replacing all bushings just because I want too.
            H Twenty Twizzle

Comment

well i have the same exact issue after my prelude caliper swap.

i believe the driver side rotor is actually striking/rubbing the caliper bracket as i turn right. it makes sense since the weight shifts over to the left side of the car. i don't know a fix. what i always say is that "the problem will fix itself". over time the metal will grinded off . bad philosophy but i live with it.
              1cor10:31
              - 92 LX coupe
              - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

perhaps a driveshaft? check your boots, make sure they are intact...is it a clicking noise?
                2DAO (2 Door Accord Owner)
                JDM H22 DOHC 200/161 2.2L
                My members ride: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=20385

Comment

Im pretty sure its the dust shield. Mine does it aswell, only on right turns. I bent it up a little.. so thats why i know its that. Never got a chance to bend it out.

Comment

mine does that in the same situations. almost a crunchy noise from the wheel. ive got cracked springs and im getting them replaced.

Comment

Working...
                    X