Air Condition System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Air Condition System

So I want to know how can you tell if the AC has been converted or retro fitted before. Like I know that when the CB7 first came out, it uses freon and now a days most cars uses R-34 or R134. So how can I tell which one I have and how much would it cost to either convert it and how much to recharge it if mines already been converted. Thanks. Freaking hot and muggy out here, time time bring back some luxury to the accord.

Thanks again.
    I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something at some point, but I can't accept not trying". MJ23

Time and Money BOTH is why I do what I do

Look at the fittings. If its been converted there will be an adapter on them.

Comment

My dads friend retrofitted mines with one of those kits after he recharged it and all cold air came out then i turned off the car and it sounded like it was leaking from the front there was no moisture on the condensor looked at the lines in the front they seemed ok, could it b a bad compressor? i think i might just get a pressure check at a shop i think pepboys does it for like $30 but iuno dont really trust them too much, any help would b great.

My Cb bad, Cb bright and the cops can kiss my Cb lights - I’m gone!
      Frost White Member 13
      My Ride
      "Girls are like a new car... lease w/ option to buy"

Comment

Check the schrader valves also. Known to leak too.
        Last edited by xtremeskier97; 06-09-2005, 10:23 PM.

Comment

First of all, converting from R-12 to R-134a is NOT just a fitting difference. If you want it done right, you need to drain the oil out, which can be flushed with alcohol, R-12 uses ester oil and R-134a uses PAG oil. The oils are not compatable and can blow your compressor, but ester oil can be used on either if the compressor is new, so it is compatable if the right things are done.

Next R-134a has smaller molecules than R-12 and if your hoses are old it will leak, this is prolly what your having a problem with, you need to replace all the hoses or it will continue to leak....or even if you can get some new R-12 hoses you will have a better chance of no leak, but might as well get the right hoses if you are going to do it right eh?

Next anytime you open the system, like to change the compressor ect you must replace the reciever/drier unit, it stores and is the filter to your system. Im assuming this is a TXV system with an Hblock, since most hondas I have seen are this style, check and if it is a FOT system you may have to replace the Accumulator if you need to replace a component, which basically does the same thing as the reciever/drier(but doesnt filter), but im almost possitive its a TXV system.

So IMO a proper conversion you will prolly have to take it to a shop...Recover refrig, flush system for oil, put new oil back in of proper type, pull a vacuum for 30min on system to get air out, pump EXACT amount of ref into system(R-134a). New cars are very bad about over or undercharging the system and if not done right will cause the a/c to not work as good as youd like compared to the old R-12 were you could throw in another can and it would be fine.

-nick

Comment

Working...
          X