distributor dizzyness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

distributor dizzyness

okay...so i have like 2 and a half distributors and none of them work properly.

i recently bought the new oem housing, igntion coil, cap and rotor.
    i bought an ignitor back in april and was working (although i do not know if it is funcitional or not currently) because i had to replace my bouncing tach after 3k)

so i put all the parts together and the problem is...it turns but doesnt start.

SO...i put my aftermarket one that i bought off ebay and it fires right up. it always gives me a cel 4 though. although i have eliminated it from dying when i rev it...i want to get rid of that CEL which is why i got all the oem parts.

could it be the wiring inside the distributor or my newer ignitor gone bad already?

i dont want to take apart my aftermarket one because i have 3 year warranty on it and i do not want to void it.
    although, i dont think they would know if i did take it apart and take a peak inside but does anyone have a wiring diagram from inside the distributor.

i cant find anything in the online manual. thanks
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

So it doesn't start when you use the new OEM dist that you put together right? If this is the case you probably just mixed up a couple wires on the igniter or coil. Take both of them apart and check that each color wire goes to the same place on both distributors. If everything looks good, try swaping the coil from the known-good dist to the one that doesn't work. If it still won't start, then swap igniters. You follow?
    00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

Originally posted by mrhonda
      So it doesn't start when you use the new OEM dist that you put together right? If this is the case you probably just mixed up a couple wires on the igniter or coil. Take both of them apart and check that each color wire goes to the same place on both distributors. If everything looks good, try swaping the coil from the known-good dist to the one that doesn't work. If it still won't start, then swap igniters. You follow?
      sigh...it is like computers, lol
      I <3 G60.

Comment

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i am the happiest person right now. after around 600 dollars and lots of frustration, I GOT THE FUKING CAR TO RUN, W00h00!!!!!

yea, i opened up the aftermarket one :x and my wiring was wrong so fixed that, plugged it in and it turn on.

now for my dying problem, i just unplugged one of the vacuum hoses that the one of the mechanics plugged and now i have a bit higher idle but it doesnt drop anymore.

i am so happy.
        I <3 G60.

Comment

see....there it is. Don't feel bad tho, I've mixed them up once or twice.
          00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

Working...
          X