Need help for exhaust headers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help for exhaust headers

I need to buy the headers for my car but i have a f22b (jdm) single-cam vtec but i dont know if the headers for a 96-97 accord will fit or if it will fit in my cb7?

I don't remember correctly but the 94-97 Ex should fit.

Comment

Yes they will fit, they just have a second bung for the second O2 sensor since 96-97 is OBD-2.
      I live my life a quarter mile at a time. . . for those 56.7 seconds my Nike Shox are are laying the rubber to the asphalt. (Car to be born soon, should drop quarter times to about 15 secs or less SOHC all motor).

Comment

i always thought the jdm f22b is a non-vtec motor, single or dual cam. if you have a vtec head then it must be from a 5th gen right? if this is the case, then an EX header from a 94-97 should work. as far as the O2 sensor goes, if you have an LX you will need to extend the wiring down to the EX O2 bung location near the flexpipe. also since you'll be using a 5th gen header, it might not bolt onto the cat/mid pipe perfectly.
        1cor10:31
        - 92 LX coupe
        - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

Thanx for the info so it should work properly even if the o2 sensor doesnt plug to the flange?what about the other sensor whole will it just be open ?

Comment

Originally posted by No1streetjustic
            Thanx for the info so it should work properly even if the o2 sensor doesnt plug to the flange?what about the other sensor whole will it just be open ?
            the 02 should go into the bung (aka flange). and you will need to cap the other hole. you don't want an exhaust leak anywere but at the tail do you?!
            1cor10:31
            - 92 LX coupe
            - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

no offcourse not thanx .... i like my car quiet until i go into vtec then i like it to scream vvvvtttteeecccc. it sounds nice for a single,by the way got any recommendations on what to cap it with?

Comment

any bolt that will fit into it with some hightemp sealer. I've used bad o2 sensors.
                WTB:
                88-01 prelude 2.0si (3g) si (4g,5g)
                OR
                90-93 Accord.

Has to be 5spd, has to be CHEAP. SUPER CHEAP. Will be in Indiana in February permanently and want a project car when I get settled in.

Comment

You should be able to buy a plug for the extra bung at any muffler shop. I think it's 18x1.5. Any 5th gen accord header will fit your engine however it might take some custom work to mate it to your cat-back.
                  My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

there is no JDM f22b1 my ricey friend. http://board.accordtuner.com/showthread.php?t=6215

the f22b1 is in my 97 Acura CL which is SOHC w/ VTEC, any 94-97 accord header will fit the f22b1 head you just need to find out yourself with whatever "JDM" motor you have if it is 4-2-1 or 4-1 which is just how the pipes come out of the head. Do some research, best place i've found is the link i have provided

ohhh and by the way, your welcome

Comment

Put a wideband O2 sensor in the open hole! Then hook an AFR gauge up to it and u b stylin!
                      Originally posted by Junior Smurff
                      Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

Working...
                      X