civic radiator?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

civic radiator?

can we put a civic radiator into our accords without overheating?

i have a real good deal on a all aluminm radiator and im just curious?
    92 accord dx....traded
    97 accord ex....traded
    93 civic si ....stolen
    96 tercel ....sold
    97 ek hatch b17 ..traded
    97 civic 4door b16 sold
    04 tsx traded ...for a honda coupe (top secret)

i wouldnt. very fucking small.
    [deevergote]" It's not the car that makes the ricer... it's the ricer that ruins the car!"

Comment

Originally posted by 93accordcoupe93
      i wouldnt. very fucking small.
      agreed, that shit is half the size of ours.
      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Civic radiator vs accord radiator vs jdm h22a + usdm v6

Probably not enough water or coolant to make your engine happy...but for 94-97 accords, there was a turbo kit that required you to use a Civic radiator and battery to make their kits fit. I had an old turbo magazine that listed many different turbo kits for many sport compact cars. I believe it was a Drag III kit?? forgot but yeah it's possible but I'm guessing depending on where u live ur engine can benefit or not benefit from it.

I live in california and the weather is freakin weird these days.... first it's raining then it's hella hot, then it's cold and windy. I happened to take a look in my radiator overflow bottle and noticed it was completely dry!!! I got scared and put it to the minimum level only to find it later choking with water to escape! So I believe alot of coolant flows around a h22a. As for a civic radiator it's half of our stock radiators so it is quite dinkier.

Umm since we are on the radiator topic I wanna know this. I've thinking about buying a aluminum radiator for 340ish Fluidyne.... The application i see stated on e-bay says it's only for manual transmission cars only.

Will this still fit a automatic cb7?? whats so different about a auto vs. manual radiator or is this just the way the company made it fit??? Does some part of it get in the engine bay or something?

I'm also curious to know if a 5th gen radiator will bolt into our cars because reading the super street h22a accord swap article, they said the part number for a stock radiator for a h22a SiR accord in japan is the same as an 5th gen Accord V6 radiator. If it's bigger than I guess maybe it'll benefit a more agressive v-tec or v6 motor? Are the 5th gen 4cylinder and 6cylinder radiators the same and will it fit a 4th gen? Might try to get a accord v6 size fluidyne radiator if available.
        I need a custom turbo manifold built....
        707 NorCal NinjaZ

Honda Twincam Motorwerkz?
        "I am the Yakuza CB7!"
        '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

Difference between auto radiator and manual is the transmission coller lines at the bottom of the radiator. You can use a manual radiator, but you HAVE to run a separate trans cooler available for about 30 at any local auto parts store.

Yes, you can run a Civic radiator as it is thicker than your stock radiator, and only holds about 1 quart less coolant, but you will need a high performance fan with it. My buddy has it this way on his 92 Accord EX with a H22A4 in it. Runs fine and NEVER OVER heats. He's got a 160 thermo in it and runs perfect.

Yes it is the Drag III kit that requires the civic radiator. Hope this helps.
          I live my life a quarter mile at a time. . . for those 56.7 seconds my Nike Shox are are laying the rubber to the asphalt. (Car to be born soon, should drop quarter times to about 15 secs or less SOHC all motor).

Comment

Originally posted by fizzbob7
            think about it.....the civic radiator can't keep the h22a cool, so people upgrade to the vtec del sol radiator when doing the h22a swap in a civic.........the f22a and h22a are about the same as far as heat and cooling it goes.........so no, it will overheat during anything but easy driving and on a hot day it would just overheat no matter what
            Fizz I agree with you on EVERYTHING, but on this one I have to dissagree. My buddy has a 2000 Civic SI that he did the SH H22A swap in and he kept the same radiator the car came with. We have 95 degree days here in alabama you know and he's never had 1 problem with overheating. It's daily driven and driven hard 50% of the time. He has a flex a lite fan but that's it. Never gets over about 195. I mean NEVER. Maybe he's just lucky, but some water wetter, some water, and a fan and the car is fine.
            I live my life a quarter mile at a time. . . for those 56.7 seconds my Nike Shox are are laying the rubber to the asphalt. (Car to be born soon, should drop quarter times to about 15 secs or less SOHC all motor).

Comment

yeah i have a high performance radiator in mine that came from a civic a pwr civic and i havent had any problems overheating whatsoever. BUt i wouldnt put a stock one in there ever. leaves plenty of room though even after takin the stock radiator out and that P.O.S condenser out.

Comment

Originally posted by green5thgen
                Difference between auto radiator and manual is the transmission coller lines at the bottom of the radiator. You can use a manual radiator, but you HAVE to run a separate trans cooler available for about 30 at any local auto parts store.

Yes, you can run a Civic radiator as it is thicker than your stock radiator, and only holds about 1 quart less coolant, but you will need a high performance fan with it. My buddy has it this way on his 92 Accord EX with a H22A4 in it. Runs fine and NEVER OVER heats. He's got a 160 thermo in it and runs perfect.

Yes it is the Drag III kit that requires the civic radiator. Hope this helps.
                I need a custom turbo manifold built....
                707 NorCal NinjaZ

Honda Twincam Motorwerkz?
                "I am the Yakuza CB7!"
                '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

Working...
                X