i need help with tach wiring....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by clarksterdotcom
    when i wired up my Razo shift light i tapped the wire that goes to the gauge cluster so that i didnt run sinlge wires out to the engine bay. out of the three plugs for the cluster its on the far left one and is also a blue wire.
    yes the tach wire will always be blue....its blue to the ecu,to the cluster,to the dizzy. if it switched it wouldnt make sense and would be confusing. i am glad i got my point across that its not light green......sheesh light green lol. i always go to the dizzy becuase its easiest for me. you can splice into and part of the tach wire. even at the ecu. its doesnt matter. but the dizzy is easy becuase you only gotta remove 3 screws.
    [deevergote]" It's not the car that makes the ricer... it's the ricer that ruins the car!"

Comment

Now it makes me wonder what the light green wire is now.

Comment

well we know its not the tach........
        [deevergote]" It's not the car that makes the ricer... it's the ricer that ruins the car!"

Comment

lol... so if i pull the cluster then the wires will be attached to it or will they just be stationary plugs and i have to pull the plug from the seat and tap into it there or do i have to dive under the dash and feel for it... (just for my info)???

GET A TUNING QUOTE FROM ME AZ PEOPLE

"TÜNE.FREE Engine Management!"

...::SHAWNEE::...

Comment

Originally posted by LXaccord92
            lol... so if i pull the cluster then the wires will be attached to it or will they just be stationary plugs and i have to pull the plug from the seat and tap into it there or do i have to dive under the dash and feel for it... (just for my info)???
            on the back of the cluster theres 3 plugs....you dont have to go into the pin outs......im telling u you dont have to pull the bezel and cluster just run a wire through the rubber grommet in the firewall and splic into the blue wire under the dizzy....hll you dont even have to remove the dizzy cap if u dont wanna the blue wire comes right out of it......simplest way im telin ya.

Comment

ok, but see i can`t find the hole in the fire wall, where is it llocated, just tell me where it is exactly.. then also, could someone take a pic. please...

Comment

Originally posted by LXaccord92
                ok, but see i can`t find the hole in the fire wall, where is it llocated, just tell me where it is exactly.. then also, could someone take a pic. please...
                pop your hood and look on the drivers side near the clutch master cylinder...you will see a rubber boot/grommet, pop a screwdriver threw there with the wire taped to the screw river than go under the dash and do what ya gotta do. you can miss the rubber its on the drivers side. it has a bunch of wires already running through it.

Comment

There are 3 plugs on the cluster, yes, but two of them are on the front, and one on the top in the middle, tward the rear. Another thing, depending on the year of his car 90/91 or 92/93 ex or lx/dx he may have those plugs (in the firewall on the passanger and driver side) filled. On the models equipped with SRS airbag system those holes are filled with the sensors... and left and right dash sensor. I tapped the blue wire from the dist for my alarm/remote start, but i tapped it at the plug, not at the wire INSIDE the dist.
                  Last edited by accord91lx; 05-28-2005, 05:31 PM.
                  Seattle Silver crew #5
                  Member of the Midwest Car Club.
                  ..........2004 accord ex v6 - J30A4.......................... 91 accord ex - JDM H22A -- Long gone...

Comment

umm, not to start shit but if your buddy works at "rhythm motorsports" why don't HE help you out with the install??? *oh and it's always been the blue wire*
                    CiRcuS kiNgZ

Comment

if you are tapping the line outside of the distributor then yes it is blue but if you are putting it directly in the dist. cap you are going to hook it up to the negative on the coil which is light green. he asked me which wire it was and i told him the green one because that is the one that is hooked directly to the negative side of the coil. dont hate on the guy for trying to get information. everyone starts somewhere.
                      www.rms-usa.com

Comment

i'm not hating on the guy just asking a question. shit theres a TON of shit i don't know.
                        CiRcuS kiNgZ

Comment

lol.. well ya, im just figuring things out and also, i dont like to bug people to much so 1 question from a guy a week is good, trying to be a friend, not a stalker....

Comment

Working...
                          X