Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Car start shaking over 50 after I changing control and such...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car start shaking over 50 after I changing control and such...

Well it didn't shake before I change my whole left spindle with lower control arm? I hit a curb and my lower control was bend, so I change it. What could it be. I aready search, but no answer. My wheel shakes and you can feel the car sway left and right over 50. I know it's not the wheel since it drove fine before I change the spindle, so I guessing I need an alignment since I still have some negative toe on that side. But if toe was affecting it, howcome it didn't shake before. Help me out guys.
    Last edited by Tenji; 05-25-2005, 12:18 AM.

alignment and have a wheel shop verify you don't have a bent rim. Sometimes they are bent on the inside of the rim and you can't see it.

"Sticker this, censor this, ban this
    We got something to say!
    Police this, condemn this, damn this
    We'll be heard anyway!
    Middle finger is the flag that I wave when I'm silenced!" - MuDvAyNe, "Silenced"

Comment

The wheel that got bend was remove after hitting the curb. So the wheel I was mentioning about was not bend. I use it before changing the spindle and control arm and it didn't shake. It only shake after I change the control arm and spindle. I heard people mention about wheel bearing. I was told by a mechanic that my bearing on my old spindle was bad so I replace it with another spindle I got from the junk. How do you know if a bearing is bad. I looked at my old one and the one now. There's no different.

Comment

Jack your car up and put a jack stand under it. If the wheel shakes up and down its a wheel bearing. If it shakes left to right its tie rod ends. Yes if the bearing is bad, you will get a horrendous wobble feeling where it feels like the tire is about to fall of. And be aware, if you don't fix it, the wheel will eventually fall off from the repeated stress of the wobbling. Good luck.
        I live my life a quarter mile at a time. . . for those 56.7 seconds my Nike Shox are are laying the rubber to the asphalt. (Car to be born soon, should drop quarter times to about 15 secs or less SOHC all motor).

Comment

Working...
        X