tranny install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tranny install

i am currently involved in a tranny swap (actually am 97% done) and i wanted to give potential tranny swappers some advice:

1. LABEL EVERYTHING. we lost at least 5 hours figuring out what goes where...
    2. remove the tranny mount, it makes install easier
    3. LABEL EVERYTHING
    4. make sure you torque stuff down i have heard lots of horror stories about overtightening things
    5. the half shafts may need a bit of "convincing" to go in. don't be scared to show them who is in charge.
    6. be very patient with the rear motor mount. the transmission that was sold to me had one of the threads completely stripped. we had to go to the store and buy a top. (pain in the ass)
    7.LABEL EVERYTHING
    8. but some engine degreaser and make sure that when you install a part it is clean, and get some lithium grease and lube everything nice and good...

wed i will be bleeding the clutch, refilling the fluids, and hopefully the car will be in good condition...

thx for the tips, should be doing this soon.
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
      thx for the tips, should be doing this soon.
      same here ... my 230k tranny decited it had enough and blew its guts on the ground a couple weeks ago... thats after it sounded like a rattle can for a week....
      Seattle Silver crew #5
      Member of the Midwest Car Club.
      ..........2004 accord ex v6 - J30A4.......................... 91 accord ex - JDM H22A -- Long gone...

Comment

I'm currently doing this swap. I have ALL the parts except the tranny itself. One problem tho, some *** hit my car from behind and now insurance will decide this friday whether to fix it or not.

Comment

post a pic and we'll be the insurance adjusters. we'll see who guesses right. insurance companies don't like to fix our cars.

Comment

back on topic... i installed the tranny and the car ran. but it ran like shit. the car doesn't like to be put into reverse, and if you turn the steering wheel left it squeaks, if you turn right and sounds like the car is gonna fall apart. also when i used to hit the gas around 3000 it would get really loud (intake) but now it feels really powerless and sluggish. could this be due to the gas leak coming from the fuel rail? since the car is getting less fuel could the ecu be sending less gas? or do i possibly have a vacuum leak ?

Comment

Originally posted by i97supratti
              I'm currently doing this swap. I have ALL the parts except the tranny itself. One problem tho, some *** hit my car from behind and now insurance will decide this friday whether to fix it or not.
              i would total it or get another cb7 of the same year and lie that you have back and neck ihjuries now and go to the chiropractor. this way you sill get some mony back later with a small from their insurance company. you have to get your own lawyer though.
              The beginning of a new era............................
              165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
              184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

Originally posted by jhondayaaj
                i would total it or get another cb7 of the same year and lie that you have back and neck ihjuries now and go to the chiropractor. this way you sill get some mony back later with a small from their insurance company. you have to get your own lawyer though.
                don't sit here and fucking talk about insurance fraud... wtf is that shit about??? anyways i figured out the problem, i had put the drivers side radius rod on backwards so it was rubbing against a pulley...

Comment

did you have any problems with the tranny mount? im doing the auto-to-manual swap right now and the damn tranny mount doesnt want to bolt up to the car...it looks off about an inch to the right (towards the front of the car) i have the bracket and mount and correct tranny, what did you do?

Originally posted by fizzbob7
                  first off, don't be a sissy bitch.....that's what you're being
                  Originally posted by ACC0RD22
                  no need to get sand in your vagina over this guys.
                  So. Cal OUTLAWZ

Comment

you have to lie when you get hit if you aren't really hurt.

it used to be that an insurance company would go out of its way to make the you happy if someone hit you. Fix your car how you want it, or total it out and give you REASONABLE money for it and your inconvenience.

NOW, they don't give a shit about your property unless you are hurt. They will leave you fucked if you have an older car esp. cars like ours....try to give you WAY less than what its worth.. You have to sue them to get anything.

my friend's galant was totalled. he owed 9000 on it. Because he wasn't hurt, the insurance company called him and told him they will give him $4000 for the car, and if he doesn't like it... go to hell. hes now suing them... and has no car to drive cause they only payed for a rental for 30 days.

Comment

Working...
                    X