valve cover leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

valve cover leak

sup ya'll... i have a 91 wagon with a f22a6... and lately i've noticed alot of oil around the valve cover... is there anyway to fix this? is there like a gasket that goes in there that could be bad? or could the bolts that hold it on be lose? this car has 258k on it and i'd liek to keep it a little longer... thanks..

SOLD!

There is a gasket you replace...you can purchase a new one from your local auto parts storr for like $15.00 . It is easy as hell to replace and it doesn't mean your engine is going bad. While your at it, I would buy some engine degreaser to clean up the leaking oil....

Comment

Also, how do your valves sound? Do they tick a little/alot? Maybe while you're under there you could adjust them, if they need it of course. Replacing the gasket is very simple though!

Dan

Comment

Yep, valve cover gasket....very easy. This is also a good time to replace the upper and lower tube seals if there is oil in the spark plug tubes and to adjust the valves.
        00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

^^^ what all of em said. Do it all at once and thank yourself over and over again for the money and time you saved! Do it right, do it once (well at least for a few years anyway).

"Sticker this, censor this, ban this
          We got something to say!
          Police this, condemn this, damn this
          We'll be heard anyway!
          Middle finger is the flag that I wave when I'm silenced!" - MuDvAyNe, "Silenced"

Comment

Originally posted by evol90accord
            ^^^ what all of em said. Do it all at once and thank yourself over and over again for the money and time you saved! Do it right, do it once (well at least for a few years anyway).
            Right on! You can never preach that enough!

There is info for all of the things listed in this thread, they'll help you out greatly. Good luck

Dan

Comment

Look for the Fel-pro valve cover gasket kit. It will come with the spark plug tube seals (upper and lower), valve cover gasket, and grommets for the valve cover bolts/nuts. I think Advance Auto and or AutoZone carries it. I think it's less than $20.

Comment

ty.... i'm about to change my oil but do you think i should wait until i swap the gaskets?

SOLD!

Comment

Working...
                X