Odd Idle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odd Idle

I have a 91 Coupe Auto that when the car starts up most times the idle will go between 1500 - 2000 and repeat for a few minutes then gradually drop between 800 - 1400. This is a stock motor no upgrades I have only had for 3 weeks. Has an oil leak but that is the valve cover grommet and I will replace that when change the timing belts and water pump ( not broke but why I am there why not.) Were is a good site to get factory parts?

The high idle is pretty normal from what you described.

Most people that buy factory parts off the net seem to use Majestic Honda.
    -Jay

Comment

idle is pretty much normal its just the engine warming up pretty quick, but if it does it when ur out at a stop light and the engine is already warmed up then u will have something else, i had that problem at stop lights my car would start revving itself up lol, u can go to pep boys, auto track, adavanced auto parts, i dunno what stores u got around ya but most places that what u need for simple stuff like that

Comment

I did some checking and a friend said it has a Cold Idle Solenoid which is probably bad. Soon as I started it up in the evening after work the idle was jumping he said shut it of and restart it and it idled fine. I will go buy one and replace it. Will let you know if it works. Thanks for the info.
        Last edited by CA1978; 05-24-2005, 06:44 AM.

Comment

Try replacing your map sensor.Ill bet that its going bad. After a while its just going idle between 1k-2k all the time.

"Jdm Fiend"

Comment

Working...
          X