headlights wtf?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

headlights wtf?!?

okay last night i went to work and it was raining so i had my lights on(they were working) when i got off work i pulled out and turned out my lights and noticed they werent on, so i left my car there and picked it up today. i changed out the fuses in the electrical box under the hood and replaced both bulbs even though i seriously doubt both bulbs would go out at once... so i believes its something to do with a short or maybe a connection i dont see? BTW my cornerlamps do turn on but my brights do not...

Is there any water leaking inside the headlights? That could cause a short

Comment

on one of the cornerlamps i know theres water leaking on it b/c the amber colored cover fell off but like i said the cornerlamps turn on..but i just got back from a friends house and they turned on and look really good with the new halos but im scared they might short again

Comment

check to see if your rear lights work and let me know. i have a similar problem. it started with the headlights not working now they work and the bumper signals work and thats it. no other light. no cluster. dome works after changing fuse.
        IN LOVING MEMORY OF GEORGE R. BRACEY. 3/2/83 - 7/21/05 WE WILL NEVER EVER FORGET YOU. HATED BY FEW, LOVED BY MANY. IT'S TOO BAD YOUR LIFE WAS TAKEN BY AN UNEXPERIENCED DRIVER. ALWAYS IN OUR HEARTS AND IN OUR MINDS MAY YOU REST IN PEACE.

Comment

check all of your grounds one of them may have knocked loose
          Speed kills - save a life - drive a VW (i did and it saved me )

Comment

there is a headlight relay in the fuse box in the engine bay...check to see if it clicks.

also check to see if there is power going to the headlights by probing one side of the fuse in the fuse box in the engine (headlight fuse)..and then probe the other side...if nothing on both sides it may be a relay or it may be the headlight switch itself.

also do what that other dude said, check to see if ur rear lights come on too...but that wouldnt cause ur headlights not to turn on, only ur parking lights.

does your high beams turn on?
            try it, if it does then it can be the relay or the switch
            What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Working...
            X