No announcement yet.

whats wrong now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

green5thgen hasnt contacted me yet, i sent him pm and im still waiting for that help...haha i thought if timing was off then it could mess with the spark, but i guess not than...

Comment

check your PMs Primal

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

i just returned the dizzy...15%restocking fee is a bitch haha but oh well...im gonna try swapping a differnt ecu and check my main relay? welp ill see what happens and if it doesnt run soon im pushing it off a cliff

Comment

sounds like your main relay is bad. just replace it and see what happens. it's a common problem with our cars. it's located under the driverside dash. it should click when the ignition is turned on. if not then you've just found your culprit.

search "main relay" and you'll find more on it. good luck!
          1cor10:31
          - 92 LX coupe
          - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

ive searched up on it...but does a working fuel pump rule out a faulty relay? or does the relay have seperate wiring to power the fuel pump and everything else? maybe my fuel pump is getting power but everything else isnt? is the ecu relay a part of the main relay? maybe nothing is getting to my distributor? please help
            Last edited by PriMal Cb7; 05-25-2005, 03:44 PM.

Comment

so i replaced the main relay and nothing happened...replaced a corroded battery terminal as well...so then i decide to throw in the stock accord ecu instead of the p75....it starts throwing codes it gives me 8 quick flashes and repeats over and over...so im guessing thats code 8? anyways 8 is supposed to be the top-dead center sensor correct? how do i go about fixing that? thanks

Comment

Originally posted by PriMal Cb7
                so i replaced the main relay and nothing happened...replaced a corroded battery terminal as well...so then i decide to throw in the stock accord ecu instead of the p75....it starts throwing codes it gives me 8 quick flashes and repeats over and over...so im guessing thats code 8? anyways 8 is supposed to be the top-dead center sensor correct? how do i go about fixing that? thanks
                do me a favor. take your valve cover off, check your crank and cam timing please and tell me how many teeth is it off(if it is). the reason for this is because, i just fixed my cousins car(95 integra gsr). he took it to an independant shop and they said that it had bent valves because it will not start and it sounded like he did not have enough compression. so looked at it and the intake cam was off about 4-5 tooth. so i retimed everything from crank to cam timing and it started. the thing is that he has an STR cam gear and it jumped timing. so let us know.
                The beginning of a new era............................
                165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
                184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

i hate this pos car

i took it back to the mechanics...they took the distributor cap off and tried cranking it...the rotor didnt turn... they said the timing belt was turning the cams and the cam timing was perfect.but the actual cam shaft wasnt turning... they said something about a locking key had broke? so now they told me to cross my fingers and pray that no valves got bent. tomorrow morning they are going to tear the engine apart and see whats up...sounds serious and im going to give up on this thing

Comment

This happened on my autocross miata. There is a dowel pin that holds the cam gear in place with the cam. If it shears off all that is needed to fix this is to have the old one drilled out and a new one inserted. If it was fine before you took it there, it should have been fine after you left. If they took the gears off they may have messed it up. They'll never admit it, but it's worth a shot to try and make them pay for it.
                    I live my life a quarter mile at a time. . . for those 56.7 seconds my Nike Shox are are laying the rubber to the asphalt. (Car to be born soon, should drop quarter times to about 15 secs or less SOHC all motor).

Comment

Originally posted by PriMal Cb7
                      i took it back to the mechanics...they took the distributor cap off and tried cranking it...the rotor didnt turn... they said the timing belt was turning the cams and the cam timing was perfect.but the actual cam shaft wasnt turning... they said something about a locking key had broke? so now they told me to cross my fingers and pray that no valves got bent. tomorrow morning they are going to tear the engine apart and see whats up...sounds serious and im going to give up on this thing
                      That doesn't make any sense. How can the cams be turning and the camshaft not be turning? The cam lobes are on the camshaft. If the valve were going up and down, you should be fine. Did you drive it to the shop? Because if you drove it, it was working and they broke it. I can't imagine the key in the camshaft gear breaking, its a piece of steel about an inch long and maybe 1/8" thick that seats in a groove specifically meant to hold it. Do you have any idea how much force you would need to shear a piece of steel 1/8" thick seated in a metal groove like that?? I'd think a rubber timing belt would tear a few teeth before that happened.

"Sticker this, censor this, ban this
                      We got something to say!
                      Police this, condemn this, damn this
                      We'll be heard anyway!
                      Middle finger is the flag that I wave when I'm silenced!" - MuDvAyNe, "Silenced"

Comment

Originally posted by evol90accord
                        That doesn't make any sense. How can the cams be turning and the camshaft not be turning? The cam lobes are on the camshaft. If the valve were going up and down, you should be fine. Did you drive it to the shop? Because if you drove it, it was working and they broke it. I can't imagine the key in the camshaft gear breaking, its a piece of steel about an inch long and maybe 1/8" thick that seats in a groove specifically meant to hold it. Do you have any idea how much force you would need to shear a piece of steel 1/8" thick seated in a metal groove like that?? I'd think a rubber timing belt would tear a few teeth before that happened.
                        I think he means the cam gear(s) are turning but not the camshaft. If the gears were put on just a little off and didn't mate to the pin correctly, yes they will absolutely shear. They don't really snap, they grind down.
                        I live my life a quarter mile at a time. . . for those 56.7 seconds my Nike Shox are are laying the rubber to the asphalt. (Car to be born soon, should drop quarter times to about 15 secs or less SOHC all motor).

Comment

I totally misread his first post. I thought we were talking about an F22A... oops. I don't know a thing about the F22B engine. The "Popular Swaps" sticky in the Swaps forum is a broken link, so I can't even look anything up.

Hope you don't have bent valves though, that would really suck!

We got something to say!
                          We'll be heard anyway!
                          Middle finger is the flag that I wave when I'm silenced!" - MuDvAyNe, "Silenced"

Comment

best news ive heard all month....valves are NOT bent and the engine is running strong...the shop charged me 250 to replace the cam gear and key...ehh alot better than what could have been broken....so i finally get to drive my car and thanks to everyone that cared hahahah
                            -diep OUT...

Comment

Good to hear it, and thanks for posting back. If we didn't care, we woudn't try so hard to help!

We got something to say!
                              We'll be heard anyway!

Comment

Working...
                              X