whats wrong now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whats wrong now?

i just got my car (90 accord, jdm f22b) back from the mechanics and on the same day it crapped out on me. i go to turn the car back on and all it does is crank, it wont fire. i just tried to swap ignition coils thinking that was my problem but that didnt change anything. maybe the whole dizzy needs to be replaced? please tell me something little is wrong. thanks
    -jay

check for fuel and spark. Check for spark first

Comment

i can hear the fuel pump buzzing when i turn the key twice to acc., is there another way im suppose to check for fuel?

Comment

in need of new dizzy?

just got outta work and tested for spark and fuel...no spark at all...what does that mean? this car is a big pain...haha P.S. plenty of fuel a.k.a. im drenched from it squirting all over me...please help with my lack of spark situation. thanks
        -jay

Comment

Ignitor, or coil but since you already checked your coil.. ignitor.. if you need to buy a whole new distributor, check out distributor king has them for like under 200 bucks shipped. with cap and rotor.
          H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

thanks phat for that info...yeah i was checking dizzyking out but didnt want to order anything b4 i knew that was the prob...i should have replaced it along with the wires plugs etc etc...but i found a brand new jdm f22b internal dizzy so i guess im ordering that...$293...a bit pricey but id choose it over the reman. ones over at advanced for about the same price.
            ill let ya kno how she runs once i swap over the new dizzy. thanks again
            -diep

Comment

By all means here I know Im new and don't want to step on anyones toes, but there's alot more to it than that. As an ASE certified tech, you may have underlying problems. You'll need an hour or so, a volt meter, and a screwdriver. First before you just drop 300 bucks do some checking. Try to see if there's voltage going into the dizzy at any point. Also check your cap for any carbon marking or cracks. does the spring in the cap look normal? an ignitor is fairly cheap to replace, and a junk yard would be a great place to start. 20 to 30 bucks tops. If you try this and it works, then it's up to you to buy a new one, but if it doesn't work you may have just saved 270. Also check from your ecu the output that controls the dizzy, is there voltage? If you need any help doing some checking, feel free to ask any questions and Ill answer them the best i can for you.
              I live my life a quarter mile at a time. . . for those 56.7 seconds my Nike Shox are are laying the rubber to the asphalt. (Car to be born soon, should drop quarter times to about 15 secs or less SOHC all motor).

Comment

im about to give up

so i replace the dizzy...and still the same problem, car just doesnt want to start. what else could be wrong? this car is such a pain and things keep falling apart. im also running a 95 teg ecu for a dohc nonvtec b18, could that cause any problems? please help im having such a bad day haha
                -diep
                Last edited by PriMal Cb7; 05-24-2005, 04:17 PM.

Comment

If you need help, send me a message and I'll call you

Hey, I wasn't trying to be a know it all, but there's tons of reasons why a car gets no spark. The first and most common reason is the dizzy, but from your troubles, it just didn't seem so. I can help you run through some tests, just let me know if you need help.
                  I live my life a quarter mile at a time. . . for those 56.7 seconds my Nike Shox are are laying the rubber to the asphalt. (Car to be born soon, should drop quarter times to about 15 secs or less SOHC all motor).

Comment

yeah help is def. needed, got aim? mrdiep1...thanks man

Comment

i think i might have the same problem...waiting on my dizzy.
                      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

hey if you find a solution, let the rest of us know what happened!

"Sticker this, censor this, ban this
                        We got something to say!
                        Police this, condemn this, damn this
                        We'll be heard anyway!
                        Middle finger is the flag that I wave when I'm silenced!" - MuDvAyNe, "Silenced"

Comment

erm

my accord used to do that alot. No mechanic ever told me this but when ur car does that, get some jumper cables and hook the negative post the the engine block. don't argue just do it. if the car starts up fine, then u have the same problem i have.

Comment

im not sure if my accord does this alot...ive only driven it for about 2 hrs total since ive had it... i was thinking about jumping it, but would the battery have anything to do with the car dying on me and causing my engine not to have spark? also i was thinking my timing could be messed up...is it possible to have my cams skip a tooth on the belt and mess the timing up that way? could that be the sound i heard? i have a toda belt on the f22b h20 pump..its on pretty tight. just a thought...
                            Last edited by PriMal Cb7; 05-24-2005, 08:20 PM.

Comment

If you timing belt jumped a tooth on the cam, it wouldn't cause that much of a problem. Your valves wouldn't open and close in optimum time and your ignition might be retarded, but it would still run. Only if it was way off would it cause it to not run, but you would still see spark just not at the right times. Is your alternator good?

Wasn't green5thgen able to give you any pointers?

"Sticker this, censor this, ban this
                              We got something to say!
                              Police this, condemn this, damn this
                              We'll be heard anyway!
                              Middle finger is the flag that I wave when I'm silenced!" - MuDvAyNe, "Silenced"

Comment

Working...
                              X