wrecked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wrecked

I just found this forum and all you guys seem to really know your stuff so i hope some one can at least give me a little help. unfortunatly i just wrecked my accord. There is no frame damage but the the structure(what the fenders are bolted to) that is welded into the shock tower, frame, and core support is bent be on repair i believe. Does anyone have any idea on what it would take to fix this? i would rather do it myself and im good at welding, but if you think its so much for someone who has never delt with collison repair any idea how much a shop would charge just to fix that structure(not including fender headlight paint ect.) Any help would be greatly appriciated.
    Attached Files

take that shit to macco or a reputable shop and you should be straight. NIce car can you post pics all around it please if you may.

Comment

First of all on your car, looks like it had alot of mods before your accident. Ok now the damage, I work at a bodyshop and do all estimates for repair work. Now, there NO WAY you would be able to fix the car in it's present condtion. Not to discourage you at all from fixing it, just saying that the car MUST be put on a frame machine. Now you can still fix it yourself, take the car to a body shop, gonna be a pain because I DOUBT they would give you a price over the phone making it difficult to get the best price, however ask if you can bring the pictures to get the best "estimated" price. More than likley the will have to see the damage in person before you get the actuall price. Just play with prices, do it yourself if you can because most of the money would go into labor. Once you KNOW FOR SURE the frame is straight then you can find an aftermarket supplier of body parts (dealer is gonna cost!!!) and you can pick up the radiator (core) support and the rest of the body parts you need to finish it. If your in SO CAL I can save you a LOT of money with the frame alignment and ordering parts! Anyway hope this can help you in some way, and like I said eariler on your CB7.
      Automotive Service and Fabrication In SOCAL!! https://www.facebook.com/JLRFAB

Comment

Thanks that did help. I had Z3 fenders and a carbon hood so i have the original parts, so i just need that framed fixed. I havnt tryed getting an estimate yet mostly because im not sure what i want to do with it. But any idea at all what im looking at....i mean the most ballpark figure you can give me cause i dont know if im looking at $1200 or $6000, i never wrecked a car in my years of driving so i have never delt with collison repair.

Thanks Matt

Comment

It actually dosen't "appear" that bad in your photo, You should not pay a 1000 or more i'm sure you'll end up paying less than that, but like I said bodywork depends on a few things, location and shop of choice are a few. I hate to tell you one thing and have it be wrong! btw, Have any pics from before the wreck? It would be sweet to see a members ride on it! I'm trying to finish the paint on my accord, I have to paint the front lip black (right now it's the same color as the car) and Install my side mouldings and paint them too, but I want to make a members ride soon, cuz it looked BEAT when I bought it!

Comment

yeah i got some pics of it.....i have to load them on my computer...but i cant find my USB cord, but if i cant find it tomorrow i will load the low quality ones from my cell. What color are you gonna paint yours? Im thinking about painting mine cause im so tired of that baby blue...any ideas?

Comment

My accord is the same color as my nissan in my sig. It's the factory color for the 350z "Le Mans Sunset" Ummmm... I like the baby blue on white! but, some other colors I was deciding on were is300 (gunmetal) Bmw M3 (Laguna Seca Blue) Gold and Green!!!

Comment

Working...
              X